Heads up and thumbs down on QuadraTop

Latamir

First thing I want to say is that Quadratec customer service is amazing. All together they sent me 3 top to make sure I was happy.

Now the story
I just got my new to me toy, a 93 YJ, and it needed a new top after reading catalogs on and off line I decided to go with the new Quadratop that Quadratec brought out to the market. I got the top pulled it out of the package and put it on the Jeep. The top is made of several layers of material and where the needle passed through there were pieces of under material (black) on the out side of the tan top. So, I had to pick out the holes because the black on the tan just looked bad, the instructions to put the upper door halves on the frames was written back wards instead of starting with the upper rear corner of the frame the instructions ended with that corner, there were bad stitching where the tread ran out and they started the line again, but the new stitching didn't match up to the first, and some of the stitching was wavy not straight. Finally over all the top just didn't fit right, the side panels had a wave in them, the zippers would not zip completely closed some more than one inch from the end. 3 days after I had the top on I was driving around with the back curtain rolled up and the side panels off and I looked in my rear view to see that the back curtain had fell, after checking it out the snaps on the elastic were not re-enforced so they just slip out letting the curtain fall. This is when I called Quadratec and told them the issues and they sent me a replacement top which was just like the first top, poor craftsmanship, did not fit right, and zippers that would not close. I wrote a review on Facebook about the tops and Quadratec called me and agreed to send me a Bestop to replace the top. Bestop is so freaking awesome fits right, zippers close, all around nice. I normally always buy Bestop but decided to try something new and it sucked.

My advice spend the few extra bucks and get Bestop. My intention is not to just ***** and moan but to let people know so they will be informed. Chances are that if two of two tops were poorly made that is just the way they were made.

Sucks about pain you had to go through but glad they took care of you. I have had nothing but great service from Quadratec. I always check there first but I've been known to check around for the best price. If it's just a few bucks more I'd rather buy from Quadratec as I already know them and their service.

I have also heard that quadratec products are sub-par. Here's one more voice to back it up. I've been instructed that it's okay to buy from quadtratec's site, but steer clear if quadtratec is stamped on the product.

I got my quarter pannels from quadratec. I've put one in, the fit was ok. I had to " adjust " it a bit and it had a small ding in it. But for $55bucks I couldn't buy the sheetmetal itself. I feel like I got my moneys worth and all that I've bought from them had excelent service. You have to give them credit, they made sure you were satisfied with your purchase. Most don't care once they have your $$$.

I will say this, fabric materals, stitching, interior work (convertable tops) and labor have went way up in price. Just go get an estimate on having seats recovered. You'll notice that you can buy seats most of the time cheaper than having your old ones redone. But remember, these are usually chinese made. Probably the same quality you got in the first top you bought.

First thing I want to say is that Quadratec customer service is amazing. All together they sent me 3 top to make sure I was happy.

Now the story
I just got my new to me toy, a 93 YJ, and it needed a new top after reading catalogs on and off line I decided to go with the new Quadratop that Quadratec brought out to the market. I got the top pulled it out of the package and put it on the Jeep. The top is made of several layers of material and where the needle passed through there were pieces of under material (black) on the out side of the tan top. So, I had to pick out the holes because the black on the tan just looked bad, the instructions to put the upper door halves on the frames was written back wards instead of starting with the upper rear corner of the frame the instructions ended with that corner, there were bad stitching where the tread ran out and they started the line again, but the new stitching didn't match up to the first, and some of the stitching was wavy not straight. Finally over all the top just didn't fit right, the side panels had a wave in them, the zippers would not zip completely closed some more than one inch from the end. 3 days after I had the top on I was driving around with the back curtain rolled up and the side panels off and I looked in my rear view to see that the back curtain had fell, after checking it out the snaps on the elastic were not re-enforced so they just slip out letting the curtain fall. This is when I called Quadratec and told them the issues and they sent me a replacement top which was just like the first top, poor craftsmanship, did not fit right, and zippers that would not close. I wrote a review on Facebook about the tops and Quadratec called me and agreed to send me a Bestop to replace the top. Bestop is so freaking awesome fits right, zippers close, all around nice. I normally always buy Bestop but decided to try something new and it sucked.

My advice spend the few extra bucks and get Bestop. My intention is not to just ***** and moan but to let people know so they will be informed. Chances are that if two of two tops were poorly made that is just the way they were made.

Hello Latamir,

Sorry for the trouble with the QuadraTop, although I am happy to hear our customer service department was able to take care of you. We will look at the returned units as well as current inventory of our YJ tops for fitment tests.

Sucks about pain you had to go through but glad they took care of you. I have had nothing but great service from Quadratec. I always check there first but I've been known to check around for the best price. If it's just a few bucks more I'd rather buy from Quadratec as I already know them and their service.

If you find it cheaper, please let us know. Quadratec will match a competitors delivered price, which will include shipping and tax, for the same brand product.

If you find it cheaper, please let us know. Quadratec will match a competitors delivered price, which will include shipping and tax, for the same brand product.

Welcome to Jeepz, Quadratec and thanks for the info. Good to know.

I bought my winch there. However u never want to buy that stores brand that ur buying from. I prefer bestops all the way for any top needs I may have

I had good luck with the quadratop and consider the item to be a great value for the $$$, but what really made my experience great was my salesman's expertise. He informed me that I wouldn't need to purchase new bars, as I'd previously thought, which was true. Good product and solid, money-saving advice!

I am new to this forum but I am not new to Jeeps nor Quadratec. Since 2004 I have built 4 Jeeps virtually from the Quadratec catalog. When it comes to Jeeps, they are the authority with a knowledgeable staff and the widest selection of parts that I have ever seen. Of course, nothing is always perfect but they have always taken care of any problem that may have arisen.

I saw on your forum somebody had a less than favorable experience with their QuadraTop. So I felt obligated to share my experience. My son and I installed his new QuadraTop on his 2000 TJ. The QuadraTop went on without a hitch by following the instructions. I found the instructions to be clear, precise, and easy to follow and the window upper instructions are sequenced properly. It is not a two man job but it does make it easier having two people working on it. Also, warming the top in the sun first helps.

Back