fender flares??

Nymisus

OK well I have thought about this for a long time and I think tomarrow morning before I have to go to work, I'm going to take off my front fender flares......now I haven't reallly looked at them all that well, I do know there is a blinker light on there that I will have to remove. Has anyone else done this that may have some tips or advice on doing so???

There should be a harness connector under the fender to simply unplug the marker light. Other than that, it's just unbolting them.

How come you're taking them off?

What else is involved in a spring over besides the lift?

I have a pic of a YJ just like mine almost that doesn't have them on the front and reallly like the way it looks....and to get a tad more clearance, they seem to rub a bit at max flex......I plan on cutting them eventually but don't have a tool to do that with yet

you can cut the the flares with metal shears, tin snips, anything like that... that is how i did it, nobody has ever noticed that they were cut, only that the clearance looks better

Try installing some TJ flares, they give a lot more clearance.

Angle grinder also cuts the plastic flares well. Box cutter will work, but gotta be extra careful.

I was talking about taking the plastic off and cutting the metal.....isn't that what tj flares involve?

Yes, but you said nothing of putting TJ flares back on. Is that what you intend to do? If not, have you thought about cutting the fenders into a flatfender style?

The plastic YJ flares can be cut at the first molding line, keeps it looking pretty clean while adding some room.

hrm, that is a good idea, I might do that for the time being since I have other more important things planned right now.....thanks for the sugestion

Back