finally got my rocker guards on...

indiemo

My new warn rock sliders are lookin pretty sweet on my TJ. I did notice though, that they don't fit completely flush with the body on the side. There are a couple of gaps along the length between the guard and the body. Is it a good idea to run a bead of silicone down the slider to fill in those gaps to prevent road salt and grime from getting down in there? Or is it going to keep it from drying out since road grime can conceivably still get in there on the bottom side? It's still going to be open on the bottom behind the slider since i don't think i could get in there behind it to run another bead of silicone. I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.

Dana 44 that match

That sounds like a good idea. You may want to take them off and get some adhesive backed weather strip from Lowe's and put it on the bottom edge to keep the road grit out. May be a good idea to pull them off every spring and wash the salt, etc out of there.

image-missing.png

I'd leave it open so it can dry, and maybe remove and clean the salt out after every winter.

if you can't get the salt out... there will eventually be nothing for them to guard

Back