Staun's Managing Director calls its customers Idiot's

joejeepny

Staun's Managing Director calls its customers Idiots

To: <grandbrass@hotmail.com>
CC: <lee@staunproducts.com>
Subject: RE: No luck installing your product.
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:13:12 -0700

Dear Frustrated,

We are dissappointed that you could not install our bead locks. They are admitedly challenging to install, but they are installable and have proven themselves in thousands of race and consumer applications. It sounds like you have done the right thing for you, by returning them. However, if you choose, I could assist you with the installation process.

Harry Lewellyn
Director USA Operations, Staun USA Inc
(949) 645-7733
fax (949) 645-7738
P. O. Box 12137
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Harry@Staunproducts.com
www.Staunproducts.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 6:06 PM
To: 'Harry Lewellyn'
Subject: FW: No luck installing your product.

How do you want to handle this idiot Hazza!

Or shall I respond.

Lee Davis

Managing Director/CFO Staun Pty Ltd, Staun USA Inc

Email lee@staunproducts.com

Mobile 0401 922749 ph 61 755 960955 Fax 61 755 960977

Web www.staunproducts.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: GRAND BRASS LAMP PARTS, INC. 24 MEADOW STREET, BROOKLYN , NY 11206 [mailto:grandbrass@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, 17 September 2006 1:20 PM
To: info@staunproducts.com; sales@staunproducts.com
Subject: No luck installing your product.

I just spent 3-hours trying to install a staun beadlock. After much frustration I ripped it out and put it back in the box. I give up. There going back for return. What a piece of crap. The instructions have three pages of what could go wrong when installing them. Hand that to a tire installer and they hand the things right back and say no way. Four wheel parts, 4wd, and quadratec wont install them. Now I know why. Since you cant see inside you never really know if there on right. If they are not they are useless. If there is any soap on the bead and the tire spins on the rim at all the valve can rip off the tube. So if something does happen on the trial like you rip a vavle stem off you will want to kill yourself. You will not be able to repair it nor will anyone else want to try. Further more if a nail punctures the tire and the tire goes flat the nail will puncture the bead lock. So what form of reliability do they add to the Jeep. Right now if I blow a bead or burp air all I need is air. With the staun if disaster strikes you need a magician.

Last edited:

tell ya what. You just cured me from E-V-E-R buying Staun products,... I don't care how great or terrible they might be,... That's B.S. Do they know they replied to all and you saw his email?

You need to send that into all the magazines IMHO.

Sorry they didn't work for you.

tell ya what. You just cured me from E-V-E-R buying Staun products,... I don't care how great or terrible they might be,... That's B.S.

I agree whole heartily, If it were me I would contact the ceo over his head and see what happens, Maybe they come install them for you or some thing, If you still want them that is.

Wow, that was either pretty dumb of them, or intentional and very rude.

Someone here who frequents Pirate ought to post it there. They might not appreciate a newbie to the site joining with a product gripe. It's bad forum etticate.

I think everyone who feels like it should email that ass and include the original email in the letter, letting them know where they stand with us.

I am going to, so long as it is okay with you Joe...

just say the word and let the complaints begin...

Wow, that was either pretty dumb of them, or intentional and very rude.

Someone here who frequents Pirate ought to post it there. They might not appreciate a newbie to the site joining with a product gripe. It's bad forum etticate.

I think everyone who feels like it should email that ass and include the original email in the letter, letting them know where they stand with us.

I am going to, so long as it is okay with you Joe...

just say the word and let the complaints begin...

:agree:

Whoever that is should have their email privileges revoked! Its bad enough to say this about your customers inside the company walls. Its entirely stupid to pass that message along to the customer. Amazing!

I'm with TC on this one. Just say the word and I'll burn an email or two. You really otta post this anywhere and everywhere you can. Email it to anyone you know who Jeeps, and have them pass it on, and so on and so on. It will be all over the US in a matter of days. I've seen it happen before, I'm sure we all have.

I had been thinking about getting a set of tire deflators from them, but I guess that's not gonna happen. If I get a set, they'll be from the company that advertised in the back of this month's JRations. Hey....there's a thought. Send a copy to Lisa at JRations and see what she can do with it. Maybe nothing if Staun advertises with them, as a fledgling magazine really won't do well to stiff a company like Staun. Problem is, Staun could blow that magazine down the toilet in a heartbeat by blacklisting it among their colleagues. Forget that idea.

Yeah its pretty crappy of them...

If you google "staun beadlock install" you'll get posts from the board on the top two searches, so that might deter future installers if they read through them a little.

Can we be sure the email isn't a counterfeit? Maybe someone with a percieved injustice typed up a fake email hoping to solicit the very response many of you are having about banning Staun. I've had several customers lie about "mis-dealings" with my old company in the hopes of hurting our business. (which is just as immoral as bad customer service)

And btw, it isn't right, but ALL customer service people think customers are idiots, not just Staun.

I'm game,... and I have a few editors that work for me that might just eat this up,... Joe??

I'd like to hear Joe's feelings on it first, but they should hear from all of us.

Feel free to say what ever you want the emails are authentic and I have no problem with people voicing thier opinions.

Here is his return EMAIL:

Joe,

One, sorry about passing along Lee's comment. The Aussies are much more direct that us here in the USA.

Two, sorry if I lead you to believe that I'm not here to help, but I was under the impression that you were returning them regardless ("After much frustration I ripped it out and put it back in the box. I give up. There going back for return. What a piece of crap."). What I find is that once someone has a problem and the level of frustration that you appear to have, it is more or less hopeless to try to rectify that, hence I went along with your desire to return them and my misleading your re help. If you still want to give them a try, I'm available to help.

Three, product faith is not my issue, it's keeping you as happy as I can considering your experience with one unit. Our competition track record is impecable. The product is still relatively young and we learn more every day.

Regards, Harry

Back