whats with rustys shipping?

AKASHAJEEP

Side brackets for a fold and tumble rear seat YJ or CJ...

I cant believe they added like $20 to the shipping prices for a set of bump stops. both front and rears but still. that is just outrageous.
even $50 for the performance package seems a little high to me, but id be willing to buy just that from them for the price. $300 for a flowmaster cat back system, TB spacer, and cold air intake with k&n filter dosent seem that bad at all, but when i put on the other items i am going to need I had like 100 in shipping alone!!and the reat of the items are not that heavy or bulky!!

Hi,

I can't remember shipping costs being any problem when I got Rusty's 3" lift kit. Have you called them to see what's up?

-Nick :!:

No I havent called them yet because I am still waiting for my grant money to go through. should be in around the 10th of jan, but I was jsut courious about pricing on these items, and stumbled on the outrageous shipping charges. hell ive seen better prices on ebay. I jsut thought it is crazy to spend 20 shipping for an added pair of bump stops you know.
their prices are hard to beat damn near anywhere but with the shipping added in its almost worth my wild to spend a few extra dollars and order everything from RE. cept the performance package thing.
maybe im jsut a whiny little beyatch? LOL

That's a bit much on the bumpstops, I'd call Rusty. He usually answers the phone and is great to work with.

Just be glad you get them, he used to have bad problems with ordered parts not being delivered at all. That was a few years ago and I haven't heard many problems since. Can't beat the price and customer service.

If you ordered them through their website you paid too much for shipping. Call them direct and the shipping is cheaper. (Speaking from past experience)

Hi,

Maybe his web applet is messing up and inserting incorrect shipping figures. When I ordered from him it was via phone...

-Nick :!:

well i guess ill give him a call tommorrow sometime and see what the deal is with the site?. thx for all the replys guyz, cause i really would like to get most of the parts from one place.

RE: New girl in town

I had a similar problem with Rusty's last Nov when I bought my 3"AAL
I was also in the market for some lower control arms, so about 2 hours after I ordered the lift kit, which the shipping was around $50, I called back and offered to buy the control arms also on that order if he would cut me a deal on shipping.
They put me on hold and ask Rusty.

he said "NO" absolutely not.

So I said thank you and found a set on Ebay from Heckethorn (which is probably one of Rusty's suppliers) and bought them and a set of front bump stops. If memory serves, I saved $18 :lol: :lol:

I think that is one area of Rusty's customer service that needs improvement for sure.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Help!! I think she might blow!!!!

90Xjay said:
found a set on Ebay from Heckethorn (which is probably one of Rusty's suppliers) and bought them and a set of front bump stops. If memory serves, I saved $18 :lol: :lol: .

Davy's offroad? he's a good guy, gave me some decent discounts when buying more than one thing.

RE: New girl in town

Man, that sucks. Sounds like he's got some issues to work out if he wants to remain in business. Stuff like that will come back to get him eventually, and no one will want to buy from him.

That's probably why I've never ordered anything from Rusty's...all I've heard is bad stuff about him.

Don't know of him, never worked with them... Got a 4X4 shop near me that I've heard great things about, went there... I like supporting smaller businesses, particularly if the people are friendly... Got my Christmas toys ordered, should be in within the week, we ordered yesterday... Great place, first time I went, this guy showed me his Jeep in the back bay, we were talking for like 1 1/2 hours...

A little off-topic, but pleasant nonetheless...

Back