White said:
where is Mr. Sudz at ?

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

For Sale: 2003 Jeep Rubicon

Hey Dirk, I had been wondering if you were the "Dirk" from DPG, now I know. I have heard nothing but good about DPG on NAXJA. Glad to see you have found Jeepz.

By the way, I need a price on a set of RE coils for my XJ ;)

ROGLSTUBB wrote:
My Garage fabbed them up from 1" X 2" X 1/8 stainless steel rectangular tubing.

Did you take notes on the project. I am dying to build some for my XJ, but need a starting point. I am wavering between styles of tubing and how to attach them to the underside.

DIRK!! Wow, I thought that XJ seemed familiar. DPG offroad. I've spoken to you before pricing some stuff. TwistedCopper's right, your shop is highly respected!!!

Welcome to Jeepz! Nice Rock Crawler TJ btw.
image-missing.png

90Xjay said:
ROGLSTUBB wrote:
My Garage fabbed them up from 1" X 2" X 1/8 stainless steel rectangular tubing.

Did you take notes on the project. I am dying to build some for my XJ, but need a starting point. I am wavering between styles of tubing and how to attach them to the underside.

Most of the stuff I fab for myself is just in my head. Infact I am always having to reverse engineer my own stuff as my wife tells me later that she has reconsidered her thoughts on how it looks. which to date is my roof rack, my rockers, and now my safari bar :) :) . I used just what I had in tubing infact the wifes is made from 2'' square and is more like a step. I would use no less that 1/8 wall tubing or even thicker depending on how hard you plan to be on it. I welded it to the unibody channel thing with a 6" X 2" 1/4 plate and then doglegged a little step in my framework to come just below the rockers and then welded a little bracket from that little lip thing down the top of the rockers just because I did not trust the sheetmetal unibody thing. I could later in the future drill and bolt the unibody thing too if I needed to but I am generally not that hard on it.

bchcky sorry I dont have any more of the material I used on mine. I grabbed two 7 foot lengths of it out of a scrap bin just for it. The Stainless steel is pretty costly too to buy more. Ebay had some reasonable ones while back. They were powdercoated steel but I beleive they were 3/16 wall material which would be even thicker that were cheaper than I could build a set. The people out there that mass produce these things can lower there costs to where I cannot compete nor do I try.

I like Sudz ZJ too, very well built, all around rig!

but pic some damn wheels and commit!

hehe

RE: 95 YJ for sale

stop and shop's right down the street so my own two feet are the grocery getters..... here's a pic of my xj tho...

Attachments

• 5498460014_large.jpg
    5498460014_large.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,174
Last edited by a moderator:

It's wheeling today, I'll hopefully have some pics of Jeepy in action to post up :)

RE: Accident

OK, I went wheeling, broke the Jeep, repaired the Jeep, and got some pictures of it :) Thanks to Ixityre (who never posts) for letting me use his camera...

image-missing.png

Here's me cruising around the muddy scramble area

image-missing.png

Me recovering my cousin SonicJay

image-missing.png

Jeepy in the garage

image-missing.png

Jeepy under the knife

image-missing.png

Repaired Jeepy

image-missing.png

Outdoor Jeepy

image-missing.png

Another shot

image-missing.png

That's my Jeepy :)

image-missing.png

is that strap wrapped around your bumper somehow to pull? or is that just another strap that is attatched and run into your trunk? i hope so, doesnt seem too logical the other way.

Looks like two of them hooked up to a 2" receiver via the pin, one towing and the other in the hatch?

Love that mud, Saurian!!!! Hope you didn't wash it off right away - that much mud's worth at least a week of cruisin' around!! Makes for some wistful looks from fellow Jeepers.

RE: 88 Cherokee running rich, burning gas, lurching

OK, the really muddy shots were not displaying, the top 2 were only halfway through the day... There is one tow strap that is just hanging out, not attached at that point, because I attached jay's strap to the pin, though it does look like a bumper wrap, doesn't it... The mud's not going anywhere... I was driving through Royal Oak today on my way to Starbucks after getting her back on the road, there were 3 girls driving by in a nice clean TJ, gave me the thumbs up and shouted :D

The only mud that is no longer there is the stuff in the radiator, the rest has stayed intact :)

Tech article...

Saurian said:
..........The only mud that is no longer there is the stuff in the radiator, the rest has stayed intact :)

A BIG thumbs up on that!!!! 8)

Re: RE: Jeepy!!!

Well, I did redline the temp gauge and boil the coolant, it seemed a good idea at the time :D

RE: progress...

haha i did that many of times with my '90 XJ (boil the coolant)... the great part is, the motor will take it!!! i never had a problem even with 150k miles

Back