WJ heater problem...

Kat Lewis

My 2000 WJ is killing me, the heater is ok when set on re-circ but only comes out a few ventsand its not that warm. And when is set to screen, forget it! only cold air comes out. with the winter we are having in UK its been a pain, my hubby has flushed the system and cleared a ton of gunk but its still the same with temps????
any other remedies???
:pray:
Kat

Im no expert but it sounds like its possibly your heater core. Its not too expensive and fairly easy to do yourself. Its definitely worth a shot. No heat in the winter is horrible.

I would have to agree with Travis on the heater core. If the prior flushes revealed foreign contaminants on the cooling system, then it's likely that theres a great deal of restriction in the heater core.

Yup. And a bad heater core, in my past experience, can lead to more devastating problems if its not taken care of.

My 2000 WJ is killing me, the heater is ok when set on re-circ but only comes out a few ventsand its not that warm

Check heater ducts that they are not crushed or obstructed/clogged

And when is set to screen, forget it! only cold air comes out. with the winter we are having in UK its been a pain, my hubby has flushed the system and cleared a ton of gunk but its still the same with temps????
any other remedies???

Try and flush heater core in both the input and also the output that way if any debris are stuck they are must likely to come free by forcing water in both directions
I'd also flush radiator the same way as heater core

last thing is to make sure there is no air in the system and coolant level is full low coolant will also contribute to cold air blowing from ducts

Back