Wierd Vibration???

Derigo91

My 89 cherokee laredo is fine until i reach 45MPH, then it starts to vibrate. When i apply the brake to around 10MPH it stops. I have no idea what the problem is.

Do a few search's on "death wobble", that should give u some ideas. Being an '89 when's the last time you've checked/replaced any tierod ends? Worn components can cause vibes. Also is it lifted?

Sent from my Devour using Jeepz

Not every vibration is death wobble. DW requires you to slow quickly to a near stop to get the entire front end and steering wheel to stop shaking violently.

A vibration is most often a tire imbalance, bad ujoint, or warped rotors (vibe when braking).

Could also be ur panhard bar.. my brother installed a small list on his jeep and didn't bolt the bar all the way back on correctly and it did that to him at about the same speed

@ bouty hunter you dont have to slow down quickly for it to be a death wobble i only had to slow down to 30 for mine to stop my 2000 xj did this after i put a 3 inch lift on it but i would make shur all the bushings are in good shape and that there is not too much play in all of your linkage, also check the tie rod Assembly make shur one of the bolts did not back out and let the tie rod move

Back