Thread: turn signal

odjeep is offline Senior Member
    The other day i noticed that my drivers side turn indicator wasnt flashing, it was steady, so this to me indicates a blown turn signal bulb. I replaced the bulb and its still the same. The passenger side signals work fine so i dont think its the relay and the fuse is fine. Could it be the turn signal switch itself? Thanks for any help.

od
    \'87 Wrangler, camo paint, nutter bypass, MC carb, 32x9.5 SS TSL on 15\'\' wagon wheels, 1.5\'\' shackle lift, TJ flares, engine driven onboard air.

graewulf is offline Senior Member
    its gona be a bulb or the flasher, but i'd think its a bulb. make sure you have god clean connections, and a good ground. you're sure all the bulbs are good?
    When I Die, Bury me in my JEEP. 'Cause it's never been in a hole it couldn't get out of!

1995 Grand Cherokee w/ swaybar disconnects and 30" tires and a 2000 Grand Cherokee stock.

What bolts do I need for a transfer case drop?

pretty sure, but i could have missed one. Ill check it tomarrow after work.

od
    \'87 Wrangler, camo paint, nutter bypass, MC carb, 32x9.5 SS TSL on 15\'\' wagon wheels, 1.5\'\' shackle lift, TJ flares, engine driven onboard air.

bigTlilODD is offline Senior Member
    look for any burn marks on all the contacts. That can hinder a good clean connection.

XJNick is offline Senior Member
    Hi,

Does the rear lamp on that side flash or stay on steady?

-Nick
    1988 Jeep Cherokee w/ 410,000+ miles. Now a 100% Electric Vehicle!
    NO Gas, NO Emissions, NO Problem! -- http://www.DriveEV.com/

Bounty__Hunter is offline Moderator
    Don't forget the marker lamp in the fender flare, it could be burnt out causing the signal indicator to stay on.

Do the bulbs in the markers on the flares have a double filament? When I was checking the bulbs I saw that they lit up when the marker lights were on so I ASSUMED that they were good. Guess id better check over them all real good tomarrow. Thanks guys.

od