** its getting cold and my heater suxs ,, anyone got a solut

conejo1

The heater in my 85 cj-7 suxs..all I want is some type of a 12volt plug-in heater..anyone know of a brand that worxs well..?? [addsig]

Never found one that was worth a darn. I'd start by finding all the drafts in your Jeep and plugging them.

I've heard lots of people swapping the blower motor from a full size Blazer into their Jeep, and it's supposed to be a huge improvement.

Terry[addsig]

Might help to check your thermostat. Sometimes they get removed in the summer and forgotten about in the winter, untit it gets really cold. I put a second heater out of an old 151 military in the back (with a twelve volt motor), it really helps along with a 190 deg. thermostat. I´ve got a stand heater, gas flame type that I never installed, always make me a little nervous to think about the flame and gas in the passenger compartment.[addsig]

I think you are correct, I am going to purchase a 12-volt heater .. then put one of those "dusters" behind the seats ( those windows that strap to the roll-bar behind the seats) to make the cab area smaller...[addsig]

Actualy, i like the idea of swapping in a blazer blower motor.

There seems to be plenty of heat coming out, just not enough air pressure behind it to fill the cabin. (Also, the stock blower sounds like hell)

Does anybody have any details such as part numbers or install notes on the blazer swap?[addsig]

...for " Chinard " thanxs for the website info ..I will make sure to read it ..and for " greencuke " ..how much for the duster ..? what color is it ..? what shape is it in ..? and most important , is the window clear .. or scrathed up and milky white ( like every soft top plastic I have )..?....if it is in good shape and and the color is right I would be interested ..(black or dark gray).. thanx guys [addsig]

The heater I was talking about is a water heater with a thick metal case. Requires running extra heater hoses. The twelve volt electric heaters I´ve seen, don´t work well, don´t really put out much heat. But can help defrost the windows a little in the first few minutes of driving, if pointed directly at the windshield. A polishing compound for clear coat paint, works well in cleaning up the plastic windows and a coat of wax will help keep them clean. They make heaters, that work with a burn chamber, a fuel pump and an electric blower that put out a bunch of heat, they are a little pricey. A second water heater and maybe the blower from a blazer should keep you toasty. My YJ will most times sweat me out of the soft top, if everything is turned up full. Don´t forget to check and see if the flaps in your heater and vent are properly adjusted and opening all the way and closing the outside air completly. Looking inside of your radiator (at the cap)will give you a tip on what the inside of your heater core looks like, might be time for a flush.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

..to Mudderchuck ..thanxs for all the info ...all of this will come in handy when finally making a decision..on how to get some good heat ...[addsig]

its leather black, in great shape, it came w/ my jeep when i bought it and as far as i can tell they never even used it, if u want it, its urs [addsig]

... I appreciate the offer, but I just realized ,,,I have a cj and this from a wrangler ..I don't think it will fit ...[addsig]

they sell these really cool heaters at lots of popular stores (ie WalMart, K-mart, etc.) and they're real cheap. They come in different shapes and fit in a variety of ways. They are called 'coats' sometimes 'jackets' and for your backseat passengers their called 'blankets'. Or you can do what i did and move down south!

image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Greencuke, if you're still looking at getting rid of that duster, I just might be intersted. If ya don't mind me asking, How much would you want for it?

image-missing.png
[addsig]

well, i have a windjammer and a bikini that id like to get rid of as a package, but if u just want the duster, ill take pretty much what i can get for it[addsig]

well, i have a windjammer and a bikini that id like to get rid of as a package, but if u just want the duster, ill take pretty much what i can get for it[addsig]

So you have a bikini, a windjammer, and a duster? What kind of condition are they in? And I won't mind buying them as a package, just send a price my way. Thanks,[addsig]

Back