Tj lift help!

jjjeep

I have a 02 tj stock jeep. I would like to lift the vehical and put larger tires on. I still want a decent rid on pavement. Any recomendations on lift size/type and tire size/type?

i have a 4" lift with 33" tires..it rides fine on road and does great off road. how high you looking to go? and how much you looking to spend

I am just getting started. I am a new to accesorizing my vehical, and do not know what is available. I found body lifts and suspension lift are available but do not know the pros or cons of each. I am not sure what range of $ is out there and if I am best to have it installed or do it myself.

body lifts just lift the body up from the frame, not actually raising the fraim. A suspension lift raises the frame/body up from the axles, which gives your tires a lot more travel up and down, along with the ability to clear obstacles better. If you have the money, a suspension lift would be more desireable. I'm not really sure of the prices for the TJ suspension, so i'll let someone else help you with that.

Depends on how much you want to spend... and warranty... I have heard good stuff about Rubicon Express kits and BDS lift kits... I have a Rubicon Express 3.5" superflex kit and Old Man Emu Shocks... It rides a bit stiffer than stock but its pretty good... Haven't had a chance yet to really work out on the supension off road... but maybe this weekend I will and let you know... If you have a daily driver I recommend Old Man Emu shocks. Depending on what you want to do... what size tires, how often you go wheeling, etc... if you want to keep it pretty cheap and stock... 2" budget lift will help a lot as well.. If I were to do it again for how much wheeling I do which is once in a while I would say 2" budget lift, new shocks and 32" tires... but I live in Michigan... maybe a 1" body lift on top of a budget lift as well to get some flex.

Welcome to the board...I have a TJ with a 3" BDS lift and 33" tires.
How high you go, rely depends on the amount and type of off roading you do...are you a wanting to be a hard core rock crawler, or do you want a Jeep that hits moderate trails on the weekends? Do you just want something that looks good on the street ?
More info would be very much appreciated.

Welcome to the board! I know a couple people on here simply run a 2" budget boost and 32" tires and are pretty content with just that. but... don't be too afraid to go bigger. You didn't mention what type of TJ you had, if it does not have a D44 rear, I would not go any larger than a 33" tire, if you do, 35" tires are do-able, but I would beef up the D30 front as well. this will give you lots of reliable service!

Welcome. Planning on doing any wheeling with that jeep? If so, do it stock for a while so your experience level grows as the jeep grows. That'll keep you safer and will be less expensive in the long run.

I have had this vehical for 2 year now and have attended jeep jamborees ever since I have had the Jeep. I want to increase my activity in off roading. this is not my primary vehical but I do ride on road more than off and tow a small boat occasionally. The Jeep is a stock Sahara '02 automatic trans. I have to check but I do not think I have the up graded rear. the 33" tires would be plenty of tire. does the 33" tire fit the stock rim or do I need to change rims? The 2" lift, is that a suspension lift?

Back