Seat questions...

Joopin

Super Moderator
Well my 91 has been through alot, and the drivers seat shows it. The back is fine but the part you sit on is all ripped up. I found this guy in town that has an 89 that he is parting out. The seats are in perfect shape. He told me I could take the seat for 50 bucks. I went there and first noticed that his 89 had the "folding forward" bracket like my pass. side to let people in the back. Both my brothers jeep and mine just have stationary brackets, so I took that too. When I went to put the seat in, I noticed that they were different. First off, the 89 didn't recline like mine (no biggie) and it didn't have the "Deep Dish" back part. My brother and I were reffering to it as deep dish cause the sides of the back come out farther so it keeps you deep in the seat. The deep dish is much better then the "Thin Crust" 89 seats... it feels like your gonna fall right out!
So then I tried to use the bracket that folds forward on the ripped seat, nope, the holes didn't match up. So I would much rather have a deep dish with a ripped bottom than a thin crust with no wear.
I found out that the 91 was the first year for the deep dish seats...
But did they discontinue the fold up seat brackets on the drivers side on 91 and up? That doesn't make sence if they did.
As for the seat I think I'm gonna tell him it's not right... can't buy seat covers for it cause they are different...

wanted: np231 for 95 yj

Wierd, must be after market or a junkyard set up.

I know jeep changed the seats in 93, they were a bit wider in the tooshy part and the back support was improved, but you have a 91... hmmmmm

OK get aftermarket Mastercraft seats!!

You know you want to.

I put in a set of prp racing seats and brackets on mine, I love them got them custom made to my taste, even had them make a new bench seat for the rear. they look awsome and we dont feel like we are falling out all the time

Back