windshield wiper arms

saintsokwitit

I have a 91 wrangler and I'm wondering how to get the wiper arms off. I tried to pry them off but was afraid I would break them. Can someone tell me if I was on the right path or is there another trick to getting them off. Thanks

Not sure if it is the same but on my 97 there is a little kinda like a c-clip that you have to pull off that goes thru the groove on the post that the arms are on

Look for a small lever on top of the wiper arm, at the base. Pry it upward (moves about 1/8") and the wiper arm will pull straight off the shaft.

i think you have to life the wiper a little bit prior to lifting the clip though. Thats the best way for my XJ wiper arms to come off. The clips can be a little rusty so try using a set of needle nose pliars to lift it if you have problems.

yes, lift the wiper off the windshield, and pry the little lever away from the arm. Think of it being attached to a "C" type clip along the bottom of the arm. If done correctly, the arm will now stay up off the windshield and the arm should come straight off.

Back