axles ,gears and lockers?

ODAX

yeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwww. got my skyjacker 4" and 33's on last weekend. so far so good. i have been reading alot about axles , gears and lockers. boy am i really confused. i know whay i have in my 89 yj and i know what 33's can do to my stock stuff. my question is. what site or link is there that i can get info to make the right decision for my jeep. read in this issue from petersens about a 30 spline dana 30 . did anyone else read this article?i know one can drop a bundle on the drive of a jeep, but i dont rockcrawl or offroad for a living i just have fun. what can i do to my danas to get performance and not break the bank?odax

yea my knuckles are bloody, i have been working on my jeep........ :cool: :cool: [addsig]

many company's make axle kits that compose of stronger 1 peice axle set-ups for the dana's...they claim they make the axle 35 % stronger than stock...however they are price but it saves you the pain of setting up new brakes, welding perchs and all that other fun stuff that is associated with an axle swap...[addsig]

go with a ford 8.8" rear, the length is right for the wrangler, and you can even find them with Disc brakes usually not to bad from a junk yard, they come stock on mustangs and explorers, and in the explorers have a limited slip diff already, i plan on doing one as soon as i aquire the funds, not to mention its like a 32 spline shaft so its plenty strong, same rear thats in my buddies Cobra and he's pushin 500 HP with no problems from the rear

Quik[addsig]

Back