Bench seat removal

getsnakebit

The level behind the bench seat is broken, is there a way to manually get it to release? Something I can use? i e.. A screwdriver......

Is it water? I thought they used some type of oil. It is also surrounded be a piece of plastic or wood that is flat on both sides.

In my HO I think it would be easier to remove the entire seat so you can have a clean look at the underside to determine what you need to do to repair/replace the LEVER.

I think he means the lever is broken, the rear seat release thing. I don't know how you would remove it if that cable broke.

Is it water? I thought they used some type of oil. It is also surrounded be a piece of plastic or wood that is flat on both sides.

In my HO I think it would be easier to remove the entire seat so you can have a clean look at the underside to determine what you need to do to repair/replace the LEVER.
YOU DARE QUESTION ME! HUH, but your probably correct,water would freeze in cold temps. It would help if ya could post a picture of your lev er situation, so maybe some one could come up with an idea on how to help you.

on mine, if hte lever is broken, i can open the back door and reach the underside of hte latch with my finger and release it.

These vials, common on most ordinary levels today, feature a slightly curved glass tube which is incompletely filled with a liquid, usually a colored spirit or alcohol, leaving a bubble in the tube. At slight inclinations the bubble will travel away from the center position, which is usually marked in some manner. Alcohols such as ethanol are often used rather than water for a variety of reasons. Alcohols generally have very low viscosity and surface tension, which allows the bubble to travel the tube quickly and settle accurately with minimal interference with the glass surface. Alcohols also have a much wider liquid temperature range, and won't break the vial as water could due to ice expansion. A colorant such as fluorescein, typically yellow or green, may be added to increase the visibility of the bubble.

Geeze, thanks guys didn't know what a level was :rolleyes:

After I re-read it, I think he ment lever. but depending on what year make model, who knows.

ha ha ha, picking on accidental mis-typing can be so entertaining. i hope i never type something incorrectly, ha ha ha

DON'T FORGET IT! We is watching,ready to pounce on the oppurtunity,and maul it to death like a puppy with a new toy.

Back