throw out bearing and clutch fork help

kevin76cj5

I have a 76 cj5 that had the 304 in it i pulled that and put a chevy 350 in it i bought a bellhousing kit that will bolt up to my t 150 but i can not figure out what throw out bearring and clutch fork will work i have tried a couple of diffrent ones but have had no luck getting them to work if any one can help would appreciate it thanks

Hey Kevin , welcome to Jeepz.com and thank you for your post . We actually a member with the same problem but I'm not sure what trans his '61 cj has ( stock or otherwise). The thread has not a posting yet that resolves this ( the member in question needs to reply back ) but it is time to for both your sake . I'm sorry I cannot properly respond as I have not done this swap with a jeep trans but there's sure to be a member that has . Did not want your post to go unaddressed but all I can suggest until someone here replies is to contact the manufacturer and tell them the throw out bearing and clutch fork does not work with your trans and ask what is the proper throw out bearing and fork that will work with your pressure plate and trans .Sorry I cannot help further but don't want you to be unanswered. We do have good people who can help with this but I hope soon you'll have the answer .
I did an Internet search using your trans and engine and found Novak conversion makes something that looks helpful . Try the same search and you should get the page with the parts and numbers listed . Hope this helps . Greg

Last edited:
Back