Using 4WD for 1st time in a while

mikebell

I haven't used 4WD in my 92 Wrangler for about 2 years. I would like to use it this weekend, but wanted some advice on anything I should do to prep for it...any thoughts? :-? [addsig]

Make sure all the fluid levels are okay, like transfer case and differentials.

Put it in 4wd at home and make sure it engages before you're somewhere where you really need it and find out it doesn't work :-O Make sure the 4wd light comes on and turns off when it's supposed to, if anything doesn't work it'll probably be that.

If the 4wd light doesn't come on, you won't be going anywhere in 4wd. Let us know what you find.[addsig]

wow... not using 4wd in a jeep for 2 years is like not brushing your teeth for 2 years... its required[addsig]

My jeeps 4wd wasnt used for at least 10 years.The guy I bought it from before only used 4wd once.But dont worry,the 4wd works great. Sully[addsig]

Shame on you for letting the short lever set in 2 wd for that long! There should be a law to stop that sort of thing. Just kidding but you know hat you need to take out once in a while to keep the thing from thinken it is a car! hehehehehe tug[addsig]

Shame on you for letting the short lever set in 2 wd for that long! There should be a law to stop that sort of thing. Just kidding but you know hat you need to take out once in a while to keep the thing from thinken it is a car! hehehehehe tug

Actually I think I read some where long ago that you should at least put a mile a month on your frond diff and transfer case to keep it lubed...(help here?)
Well personally I think 50 miles should be law...if you own a Jeep then you have to drive 50 miles a month in 4 wheel drive, off road...by orders of his Imperial Jeepness...lol
a good excuse to go out at least once a month :lol: [addsig]

Back