Rough Country 4" lift

I just installed a 3 inch rough country lift on my gals 93 yj. The only problem I ran into was the axle locator pins on the rear springs were .050" larger than the origional so I removed them and turned down in lieu of drilling a larger diameter hole in the axle plate. I also felt the instruction could have been a little clearer but finished the job without to much heart ache. Hope this helps, Frank

Aussie Locker

I had a friend with this kit and he liked it. His jeep spent a lot of time airborne and the springs never sagged. It's a little stiff on the street but you can live with it.

i have ti on my TJ now its a pretty good lift, i like it but after plenty of air time, my coils in the rear are not at regular height any more, but i think its a great lift still.

Thank you for your help, I can't thank you folks enough but after some "deep" thought and some recomendations I'm gonna go with the black diamond 3" lift for tj. It allows for 33's and is around 400 - 500 $'s. I don't think I wanna go much bigger but if i do theres always a body lift.

Check it out
http://www.blackdiamondoffroad.com/main/products/jeep/tj.htm
Just having a little trouble finding a distributor, thats no biggie I'm sure I'll find one.

Thanks again jeepsters!

Who runs this place?

With the 3" rough country kit there is an optional steering stablizer for $25. Would this be needed. I plan on a 3-4" lift and 32"s
Thanks, jered

JeredYJ said:
With the 3" rough country kit there is an optional steering stablizer for $25. Would this be needed. I plan on a 3-4" lift and 32"s
Thanks, jered

You should probably replace the factory stabilizer since it is probably worn out and you are putting bigger meats on there, but you don't need to.

POWER BRAKES?

tarsij, we would like thank you for your plug to our website.

dick_wilderness, black diamond kit is a great kit, but we would like to offer you a Rough Country 4" kit for $455.00 + shipping (you would be looking around $48.00 - $60.00). if you are interested please give us a call at 1-800-568-0177. this is a everyday low price. you will not find this kit this cheap, anywhere.

the Rough Country kit includes:

Front/Rear Coil Springs
Front/Rear Hydro Shocks (Nitro Shocks available $25.00 all 4)
Front/Rear Track Bar Relocation Brackets
Front/Rear Extended Sway Bars (disconnects optional $104.95 - $110.95)
Front/Rear Lower Control Arms
Transfer Case Lowering Kit
Drop Pitman Arm
all necassary hardware to install kit.
other upgradable options available.

All-in-All, this is a more complete kit than the Black Diamond.

Thank you,

FollowMyRutz.com
1-800-568-0177

Hey this is the guys that sold me mine for my YJ and they are the guys going to sell me one for momma tugs CJ and when I fine another YJ I will be getting another for it as well. they are fast and ez to work with. tug

Sounds good to me, most other kits that price do not include longer lower control arms, requiring the use of stock ones, which lead to a lot of problems. There are a bunch of coil spring jeepers in our club that use Rough Country and highly recommend them.

I spent the cash on a skyjacker soft ride kit, I have heard lots of stories about roughcounty, and I wish I went with them for the money savings! I love the skyjacker, but that extra cash could have gotten me a ARB locker or something. BostonJeep and I will be putting the rough counrty on his YJ in November!

Back