Looking for a hack/tap sye

Which Jeep are you putting it in?

Most Rubicon Express dealers will have the same price due to "minimum advertised pricing", but this guy has free shipping: http://jeepinoutfitters.com/catalog.asp?ID=166

If it's for the YJ, and you have the NP207 you'll need an $11 spacer ( RE 1802 )
image-missing.png

I don't think it's a difficult install. I'd recommend removing the front driveshaft and letting the engine idle in 1st gear 4lo while you cut the shaft with an angle grinder. That's the method I'll use. Then follow the instructions on using the original slipyoke as a guide when drilling.

yeah... letting it spin while cutting will insure an even cut.. and God bless angle grinders

Thanks for advice :) !
Johnny,
When is the Boston Group going to return to Paragon or maybe to R.Creek? All my projects maybe done around that time(xj,yj,mj) or not! We could do some harder trails next time! Or watch others do it :oops: !

some people are afraid of fabrication... that's all i can think of... i'm not one to talk though... even I, the big metal whore that I am, bought the AA SYE

If you're good enough to crack the TC open and get it back together correctly, you ought to be plenty capable doing the hack and tap.

yeah... i actually believe that the SYE kit would be MORE work than the H/T... it is very NOT like me to buy rather than build... i still can't believe i'm going that way... but i am...

Back