Snorkel? carb?

jeepin916

RE: pics,my damage

ok i was reading about fredo and what he did to his jeep... now do they make a snorkel for a carbed jeep? and if they do, is it water tight? and how good can it be

I've heard they're easy to make, but hard to make good. Just seal everything from the carb up and find some hose to slip over your filter canister, also you gotta seal the top on your air can too and the nut on top! But I've wondered if they MAKE on for us carb'ed guys too. I'll be watching this post too!

Wheel question

iv been wondering about this but i havent gotten to the point of my project to where ineeded to know but now its been bothering me so if anyone knows let me know thanks

Right now, do you have the air filter up ontop of the carb? If so, just take that off and find some pipe that's the same diameter of the spot ontop of the carb (where the filter would normally go). Then just go from there.

There's a good thread right now on Pirate, but it's down for maintenance right now. I'll post a link when they open the site back up.

sounds good ill be lookin for that link thanks 88wrangles

I have been looking for a how to on "functional" snorkel for a cj.

RE: Ordered TJ lift today..questions remain

I don't know if any of you remember LadyGator who used to be on here. I haven't seen her here for a long time but she had one made up for her carberated CJ. Mabye you can find her old post of how it was made. Here's a picture of what she had done. It's an ARB snorkle for a YJ and a special, sealed box made to fit over the carb. Hope she doesn't mind me showing a picture of it.
image-missing.png

RE: Jeep Challenge

that one looks like it would be real easy Craig.

I might even try that setup on my Chevy. I've got that same type of air filter setup.

Back