Rules are rules......or maybe not

someone who has taken the "legal" steps to become part of this nation. If you aren't born here, then there are steps that have to be taken to make them a citizen of the U.S. Sorry if i sound angry about this, but it the typical illegals have more rights then U.S. citizens do. If you aren't from the U.S. and you don't like what we do, then stay the heck out.

define "citizen"

Ooooh, why is is that seems to be a loaded question :twisted: :purple:

Although currently there is a well-backed attempt to re-define that status...

Born here or have taken the steps to become naturalized, like my formerly Canadian co-worker.

do you know that you can be "Born here" and still not be a citizen, according to the Constitution?

Amendment XIV
1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the
jurisdiction thereof,
are citizens of the United States and of the State
wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge
the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any
State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of
law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the
laws.

If a diplomat is here from a foriegn country with his wife and they deliver a child here, that child is not automatically a citizen of the US.
I think the same should apply for people here illegally, since they are a citizen of Mexico or what ever country they snuck in from and here illegally, they are not "under" the jurisdiction of the US.
If we had judges and lawyers with any sense, that is how it should be interpreted.

But I'm just a poor dumb white boy.:)

I saw a dude waiting for day-work at the Home Depot the other day in a Pro-Che Viva Revolucion T-shirt.

I threw up a little in my mouth.

OutOfStep said:
I saw a dude waiting for day-work at the Home Depot the other day in a Pro-Che Viva Revolucion T-shirt.
I threw up a little in my mouth.

you should have grabbed one of those 8 foot 4X4s and let him have it right between the running lights.... and just about the time he started coming around you bend over and say with a hearty voice....

Welcome to AMERICA!!
image-missing.png

I figured 90XJay would have realized what I was getting at there.

American/American National, State Citizen, US Citizen, State Resident, US Resident, and all the such terms all have different meanings. "American citizen" and "US Citizen" don't necessarily mean the same things. A US Citizen is subject to jurisdiction under Amendment 14. An American citizen can be more broad, including a citizen or national in a state of the union, but also covers a 14th Amendment Citizen as well.

The difference in meaning of all of such terms is a stand-alone issue. However, the rules of the contest may be as flexible as some of the different definitions. Either way though, I really doubt the controversial winning mother fit any of the terms' definitions.

The following was forwarded to me this morning from one of my junk-mail buddies. I think it's a little far out, but just barely.

Let's say I break into your house
A lady wrote the best letter in the Editorials in ages!!
It explains things better than all the baloney you hear on TV.
Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration. Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely. Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.
Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors; I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).
According to the protesters, not only must you let me stay, you must add me to your family's insurance plan, educate my kids, and provide other benefits to me and to my family (my husband will do your yard work because he too is hard working and honest, except for that breaking in part).
If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my right to be there.
It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm hard working and honest, um, except for - well, you know.
And what a deal it is for me!! I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of selfishness, prejudice and being an anti-housebreaker. Oh yeah, and I want you to learn my language so you can communicate with me.
Why can't some people see how ridiculous this is?! Only in America.... if you agree, pass it on (in English).
it if you see the value of it as a good smile. If not, blow it off along with your future Social Security funds.

that is another reason we need the military on the border.
To give the illegals free MRE's and water to make the trip back across:purple: :purple:

that is another reason we need the military on the border.
To give the illegals free MRE's and water to make the trip back across:purple: :purple:

PLus we could make sure the illegals don't get shot by their own border guards on the way back in!

Back