Done with Jeepz.com for Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to Bounty's response in this thread, I have made the decision to leave Jeepz for good. Why? I don't see a thing wrong with what I posted in my first post. I was only trying to be honest with the guy by telling him not to expect too much out of a used Jeep that he's trying to sell for more than the sticker price of a new one. Apparently, only 3 other people in that thread disagreed with me: the original poster, Bounty, and Terry. Quite a club you 3 belong to. :roll:

Bounty, you were wrong in what you posted and the way you posted it. If you had a problem with what I said, you should have said it in a PM. Instead, you act like a total jerk, and imply that you have to constantly send me PM's to "admonish" me. You haven't sent me a PM since October of last year. Remember that? That's when TC and I were arguing over something, and it got down to the usual personal attacks from both of us. We both made the same level of personal attacks, yet you banned me, and did nothing about TC. Then, you lied to me about banning me, and if I am to believe Terry, you lied to him about it, too. Either that or Terry lied to me when he said he didn't know who banned me or why. Either way, it doesn't much matter anymore. What you said was out of line. In light of the response from the JK arse, I don't think my later posts in that thread were anything to get your panties in a bunch about, either. Still, you decided to call me out publicly (another example of your unprofessional approach to your job as a moderator) instead of in a PM, and then welcomed the JK arse with open lips....errr, arms. Apparently, you've got some kind of a problem with me. I've known that since October. Problem is, I always thought you'd be man enough to PM me and talk about it to work through it. Obviously, you're not. Again, it doesn't much matter anymore. So, here's a full thread dedicated just to giving you a real reason to have a problem with me. Let's see if you're man enough to leave it up and address the issue publicly, since that's how you apparently want to address any issues you have with me now. I doubt it. Anyway, you win. I'm gone.

TwistedCopper: Yeah, you win, too. Proud of yourself? You already pretty much know what I think of you, so there's no reason to go into it any further. Thanks for making Jeepz.com a miserable place to visit for a lot of people.

90xjay: Never really had much of a problem with you when you were by yourself, but when you had TC to back you up, you were every bit as bad as him. Guess he had the nuts and nerve for both of you, huh? I think it could have been different if we'd met in person, I figure we could have been friends. Not that I don't consider you a friend here, it's just that there are too many moments when I didn't respect you.

Currupt, red, JeepMonkey, Saurian, cewtwo, laph, and others I may have forgotten to mention, hang cool guys. I'll miss you. For you guys, I'm really sorry for the way I've acted here at times. But, hopefully, you got the point that I'm not one to back down from what I see as something wrong. Some folks have told me I need to get a thicker skin....nope. Problem is, it was too thick. Maybe we'll meet up somewhere someday. I'd like that, even if you don't.

Mud, you've got my email addy and phone number. I'll keep in touch.

Dropseys, you've got my email, too. I wish you all the best my friend. I'm still heartbroken that your dreams were stolen from you the way they were.

Mingez is already gone. I can count at least a dozen other members who have left in the last year and a half because of the way things are handled around here.

Last edited by a moderator:

In his own words:

Sparky-Watts said:
Feel free to leave. We don't much tolerate attitudes like yours around here.

Good riddance!

So, this is much more personal than expected. I've got to say, though, that Sparky's origional response to the JK guy was spot on. It wasn't insulting at all. Heck, Mud agreed... and that's saying something. Everything else from there on was bit over-the-top for me. So, I'm not discounting anyone else's outrage.

I would like to point out, though, that Redlightstalker and Laxpug both got a well-deserved ripping when they first got here for... ummm... non-Jeepz attitudes... and here Sparky's wishing Lax well. The JK guy did deserve a kick in the pants for his response to an honest response about his asking price.

From modded Jeeps to lowered imports to Dinan infused BMW's, people have the unrealistic expectation that they'll get their money back. In my opinion, Sparky wasn't really out of line telling him that. Let's face it, this is the wrong forum to expect a premium price for any Jeep. We all know what we can get them for. I certainly won't go to a car specific site trying to get what I want for my car. It's common sense. Jeepz.com has never been a place where one can hide behind their screen name and Internet connection. I, for one, am really grateful for that.

Maybe I'm out of line sticking my .02 in, but I'll stand by it.

I've got to tell you Sparky, I don't really beleive you live in "Bounty, quit hugging Harry's Nutsack". I don't think that's in Kansas. More importantly, I just wrote in Saurian's thread about how you always admit when you've crossed the line. Don't make a liar out of me. We'll see you when you get back...

-X

Last edited:
So, this is much more personal than expected. I've got to say, though, that Sparky's origional response to the JK guy was spot on. It wasn't insulting at all. Heck, Mud agreed... and that's saying something. Everything else from there on was bit over-the-top for me. So, I'm not discounting anyone else's outrage.

I would like to point out, though, that Redlightstalker and Laxpug both got a well-deserved ripping when they first got here for... ummm... non-Jeepz attitudes... and here Sparky's wishing Lax well. The JK guy did deserve a kick in the pants for his response to an honest response about his asking price.

From modded Jeeps to lowered imports to Dinan infused BMW's, people have the unrealistic expectation that they'll get their money back. In my opinion, Sparky wasn't really out of line telling him that. Let's face it, this is the wrong forum to expect a premium price for any Jeep. We all know what we can get them for. I certainly won't go to a car specific site trying to get what I want for my car. It's common sense. Jeepz.com has never been a place where one can hide behind their screen name and Internet connection. I, for one, am really grateful for that.

Maybe I'm out of line sticking my .02 in, but I'll stand by it.

I've got to tell you Sparky, I don't really beleive you live in "Bounty, quit hugging Harry's Nutsack". I don't think that's in Kansas. More importantly, I just wrote in Saurian's thread about how you always admit when you've crossed the line. Don't make a liar out of me. We'll see you when you get back...

Man!!!.............'bout all I can say to that is..........good to see ya' back, Phatty!!!

TwistedCopper: Yeah, you win, too. Proud of yourself? You already pretty much know what I think of you, so there's no reason to go into it any further. Thanks for making Jeepz.com a miserable place to visit for a lot of people.

I am pretty comfortable in saying that Sparky is the one that made this a place that people didn't want to stick around. There were personal attacks after personal attacks from Sparky that were very unwarranted. That said, there was nothing wrong with Sparky's first response to the JK guy. His second post was back down the path of personal attacks and insulting his vehicle. There was really no need for that but it was no surprise coming from SW. That is how it always starts.

I really don't like to say bad things about people and usually try to stay out of this stuff. There was one (of many) other time in the past that he was going overboard and I told him privately that he "was doing it again" as he had asked us to do. He left for awhile and came back a little calmer for a bit but it started back as usual.

Sparky, you and I have never really gotten along but have tolerated each other but I am not sad at all that you have decided not to come back. Have a great life.

there was nothing wrong with Sparky's first response to the JK guy.

I have learned over the years that it is considered poor forum etiquette to criticize for sale posts, especially over the asking price. If some is misrepresenting a product to say it does something it does not, like saying a set of stock springs will lift your YJ 5", but not mentioning that you need to do a SOA conversion to get it then I would think it would be okay for someone to speak up. If someone wanted to make an offer for less money that's one thing, but to slam someone's asking price just to do it you are basically destroying their online yard sale and it is nothing other than malicious, even if you are right that a price is high.

There is never any harm in having a high asking price.

Many forums have a "for sale rules"sticky that asks for this type of stuff to be avoided. Maybe someone could amend ours?

Last edited:
Here's another long time Jeepz.com member that won't be sad if SW doesn't come back. Its about time. Its nothing personal and I wish him well. I just see him as the catalyst to much of the garbage that has made me question whether I really like this board as much as I used to.

Let's talk about Jeeps, help eachother fix our Jeep problems, and have fun discussing off-topic stuff. Let's play nice and be good neighbors. And if you see something on here you don't like, if you choose to respond (you don't have to!), don't let your response be something that will make others feel the way you just did.

Sorry for jumping on the soapbox. I almost never chime in on this stuff, but I figured it was about time.

..and to think that I almost didn't log on tonight. Whew. I would have missed the drama.
Sparky, man I hate your leaving. If nothing else, you've made it interesting.
TC and Bounty, dead bolt your doors and keep a fire extinguisher handy. I'm not insinuating, I'm just saying...
BTW...it's poor internet etiquette to hijack a for sale thread. If you don't want to buy it, don't post.

oh yeah, have any of you sat in a room with a few Harley riders and a few Honda riders? ther is always one or two "jerks" who have to get macho about their ride. Most of my Harly riding buddies realize that its about two wheels and the ride not the brand , but some just have to bash the other riders with no mercy. every "club" has its boorish members right ? but if we let it get to us we all be in a bar fight every weekend !!!!!!

I really dont post much on here , mostly because I have a car as a dd now. The jeep is torn up as much , so I really havent had any questions. I do however get on here and check it out pretty much everyday. I have to say I really never cared for Sparky , and the trouble he starts over pretty much every topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Like I said , I never thought highly of him as I am sure many other people on here. I guess it is just your attitude that tuns me off , but i guess If I had some moron sending me stuff like that I would be a lil cranky too. Anyway welcome to jeepz. Hell after he is gone and everything calms down who knows. About all you can do is just laugh at him. He needs a hobby or something.

Whatever.......we'll be here if you change your mind.

I had the same thought one time.......I'm glad that TC changed my mind. I had a lot of things going on in my life then and took it out on something stupid here on Jeepz. Please remember that this is more of a family than a website - we've all pulled together and given of ourselves to help each other in times of need.

Maybe things got a little carried away, oh well, nobody's bleeding, let's get over it......we ARE adults here.

Can someone just delete the entire thread that started this since the original FOR SALE posting was deleted by the poster? (say THAT 3 times fast) This whole event was a blemish on Jeepz and not an image I'd like to see conveyed to future members or families.

MY .02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back