Look Up and Stay Alert!

Tug-n-pull

Folk's watch the news it is getting bad! War unlike anything the world has ever experenced is a real posibility for us. Now! 911 we saw the face of war in our country when the forces of a darker world came to us. It can come again and at any time. we are living under the second highest level of defence right now. Our milatary are be deployed and made ready all over the country. Part time soilders are being plucked from our towns by the thousands and leaveing large blanks where many stood.

I am not trying to scare anyone here or look like a looney tune, but a wake up call is due to us here. Get your Jeeps ready to go in a moments notice. I love to play with my jeep but if and when the stuff ever hits here my Jeep will carry my family to the mountains were we can be safer. Arm yourselfs as best you can and set up a bank or survival goods. Get first aid, food, Water, and shelter! Have it ready to go if you ever have to.

Support your local law enforcement and rescue services. Get your CB's and let any one you know what channels to monitor for emergcys. I hope that none of this ever comes to pass. But if it was to could you make a stand for your family? You have a leg up just by haveing a Jeep to carry you to a safer place as we all know pavement is an opption.

Some will think tug has gone over the edge but I will make you a promise "if something goes wrong in this country, When it is over and we kick the devil out of who ever it is that wants to cause problems, I will meet you all here at jeepz.com when the smoke clears" I am not scared and or doing a big personal build up like a silly Y2K thing so many freaked out about. I am just not going to keep my head in the sand about the strange state of the union we are a liven in. Be ready for Anything. tug

One more thing, If you serve a God! Pray for our country!

edited by: Tug-n-pull, Feb 12, 2003 - 12:56 AM[addsig]

I'm with you man... I agree... us in the offroad community do have a good advantage as far as transportation. A friend and I have had this stuff thought out a long time ago... its almost exciting... yeah, its sad to think of it that way... but if war happens to break on US soil... we've got plans. I is something to be ready for, whether it happens or not. Its better to be prepared when not in need than to be in need and not be prepared. I myself have illegal access to an old privately owned fallout shelter from WWII... its still equipped with everything needed to keep comfortable for a while. Like tug said.. maybe we could sound like idiots... but we sound like ready idiots[addsig]

Tug - Snitty, Try to keep things in perspective and relax a little. There wont be a full scale invasion in mainland USA anytime soon if not ever. What we should all be doing is trying to work with our govt to boost the economy and provide support by joining the armed forces or even more simply paying taxes. As the reserves get called up to duty just thank them and wish them good luck. The US has and always will prevail.[addsig]

Hey, I'm with you.

One of the best things we can do for our country and our neighbors is to be prepared to take care of ourselves and our families - if not, we become a burdon and a liability to thoes around us.

Prepare you supplies, your arms, and have a plan, and if, God willing, you don't need them and you look silly - the best that could have happened did - nothing; but if you you are in need and are not ready... well, looking silly is a lot better than you and/or your family being a burdon, or worse - dead.

Watch out for yourselves, your family, your country, and all Americans...

God bless America[addsig]

While I don't think an invasion of the US mainland is emminent, it is very comforting to know that I have a vehicle that can get me and my family up to a secluded moutain hideaway. I always have at least 2 cases of water and enough canned food to last 3 or 4 weeks in my house just in case of a massive snowstorm or other natural disaster. My jeep can be packed up and ready to go on a moments notice to take us to safety. Me and my father both hunt, so we have our hunting rifles, plus my dad's collection of pistols and other rifles. Its just comforting to know that I can get to safety if the need arises.

TARSI

edited by: tarsij, Feb 12, 2003 - 02:03 PM[addsig]

Well Judge09 to answer your reply,
What we should all be doing is trying to work with our govt to boost the economy and provide support by joining the armed forces or even more simply paying taxes. As the reserves get called up to duty just thank them and wish them good luck. The US has and always will prevail.
You are right about part of this. We should be supporting our govermenet by doing all of thoes thing you mentioned. As the reserves get called up rather than wish em luck if you are old enough and not to old like me join now and go with em! As for me and mine "been there did that got a couple of scars to prove it." I served in the United States Infantry and my wife was over in Desert Storme as a MASH Nurse left behind a 8 month old son to serve. My son a Jr. in high school is going to spend his last summer break before his senior year pullin his boot camp duty so when he gets out of school he will have that behind him! Taxes yea I pay mine as a business man with employees. USA will prevail! I agree but not if we do not get our ducks in a row. Rome felt the same way. We are the super power in the world today! With that you got every punk country in the world hopeing to be the one that beats us the big kid! I think we can have a full out war on our soil Korea has Nucular Rocket capable of hitting our west coast. We were hit in the heart of our major money market with the 911 attack. Be ready is all I am saying cause I am going to be ready. Don't worry and you have plenty of time, NOT. I don't mean to preach I just think things are looking bad. Still would not trade my life in USA for a life twice as good any where in the world. tug[addsig]

I just got a package in the mail for the Marine corps saying happy birthday now you can enlist in the marine corps. I'm 17 now and I think I'm joining up when I graduate next year. I don't want a war going on and me not have a little piece of it. im not really afraid right now of terrorism, I probably should be but I unlike all of these hippy tree hugging, sign toting protestors, I have all the faith in t he world In the U.S. Gov't. Now that this sackless bin laden told the iraqi people to copy the palestinians and suicide bomb us I would rather be in Iraq with an M-16 in my hands. Seems like the only thing I can do from my position. best defense is a good offense.[addsig]

No need to panic, I'm going about my everyday life and certainly don't believe for one minute that there would ever be a terrorist attack here in Rhode Island. I have 4 kids from 6yrs to 15yrs of age and don't like the outlook of this economy one bit, Seems the gov't is one dimensional about Saddam and Lil Bush wants to finish daddy's war. The other day I heard some upsetting news about the price of all of this build up ex: 100-200 million per day and now in order for the US to use Turkey they are willing to give Turkey 10 Billion in aid because of Turkey's poor economy(Screw Turkey) our own economy is in the dumps. Stocks are junk, I've lost a small fortune in those and my 401k, everyday someone is laying of 100's of people. I'm just more agravated about what's happening here than overseas..........Bullet[addsig]

Not to turn this into a political forum, but here are my three and a half cents worth:

We are in a very interesting state...preparation is good...but let's not get ourselves too concerned. There are some legitimate concerns out there and there is some hype...read betweeen the lines (i.e. the motives and intentions) and try to distinguish the difference.

While we may experience a terrorist attack, I don't think anyone will try to "invade" us soon. HOWEVER, don't get complacent. If you look at history, all great nations and empires that have existed in "ancient" (i.e. not recent) history have eventually fallen. In just about every case, their fall was ultimately due to their own arrogance. They were once in the situation that we are now...powerful and secure enough that such a notion was virtually inconceivable. Don't think history can't repeat itself. Care for your (our) country doesn't mean waving a U.S. flag. Nor does it mean going along with whatever officials say is good...whether it be our President or Representatives or the civic leader next door. It also holds the responsibility of thinking for yourselves and, when appropriate, disagreeing or questioning directions to check the wisdom, thoughtfulness, and implications of our nation's actions and positions. As with children or loved ones, pretending that everything they do is okay or good does not help them...in fact, it actually hurts them. Rather, being just, constructively critical, and even in some cases tough FOR THEIR OWN GOOD is what truly helps them. The same is true with our country.

To be blunt. We are the only superpower. As such we have tremendous influence. We shouldn't abuse it. We do not have a monopoly on wisdom. We do not solely define what is right and just for everyone. We are fooling ourselves if we think everyone should or is going to accede to our every demand every time. When you act like a bully or a rotten, indignant, spoiled child and push others around as I believe our current administration has the tendency to do, those other people will eventually push back. That is what is happening with NATO and that, to an extent, is what is happening with North Korea (not to say that I condone N. Korea's violations). That is also what Putin was referring to when he stated the other day that "We [the nations disagreeing with the U.S. position] WILL be heard".

There are some real threats out there...some that we should be concerned about. But I also believe and fear that there is a lot of baseless drum beating going on that is muddying the water between real threats and not-so-real ones and thus needlessly contributing to and exacerbating this current state of fear and international instability. Ask some hard questions of your country's leadership...as though you're cross-examining them...and ask yourself if the logic is solid. Are foreign affairs important enough to warrant a little direction check? The quickest way to put our country on course to have the same fate as Rome is us to be a complacent, unquestioning "yes" people internally with an arrogant disposition toward the rest of the world.

I love my country and would do virtually anything to defend it. I have actively served in our military in the past and am still proud to be associated with it. But I do not necessarily agree with every position our country takes. Prepare, but be smart about it.

I'll leave you with another very recent story which, strangely, doesn't get the headlines...as important as it is.

Click Here: U.S. Plans for 2-Year Occupation...

edited by: phillika, Feb 13, 2003 - 04:03 AM[addsig]

I am sorry to say but you have all lost your minds.
Do you really think that any one can invade the US main land? Who? The Iraqi's?

This is the situation when you leave things unresolved.
Bush senior left Iraq be, and now the world have to live with the consequences.

The same applies with all other fanatics here in the Middle East. The main problem is that you all in the USA don’t give s… till it hearts you.

Only now your president understood that the fanatics here in the Middle East understand only force and power. It is not possible to negotiate with them.

The USA is the only super power left in the world and thank good it is a democracy. So sorry if for a short while your paradise is suffering but someone should return the sanity to the world and it is the USA.

All I have to say is thanks Mr. President and thank you all for fixing the world.

Can you guess where I am from?
The winner will get the best 4x4 trip if he will get here.
Stay strong.
Alon

Additional point to whom ever will tell me where was this picture taken?

nullPage title:http://www.jeeptrip.com/

edited by: M240_Storm, Feb 13, 2003 - 02:45 PM[addsig]

Reality check, most of the threats are from extortion (North Korea) or people and organizations that want to change the order, as it now exists. With spoilers, who just want to skew the order in there favor and/or benefit by changes in the status quo.
Is America vulnerable, heck yes. I was there when the Saudis shut off the oil in the 70´s. America is a complex and vulerable because of the complexity, a few key sectors go down and a large part of the whole operation comes unraveled.
I´ve been a few places when the social order falls apart, not pretty.

In the middle east, the anger is there, the emotional drive is there, 3% of any population are cerifiably sociopathic anyway. That´s right three out of every one hundred of your nieghbors is a dangerous nut case. Sociology 101. And if you´ve read the tranlations of some of the religious leaders in the middle east, it will really make your sphincter tighten. They really believe that if society (western) unravels, they are in a possition, because they have done so long with so little, to step in, and take over, in the name of Allah and administer the word as delivered by Muhammod.

The down fall of Russia was, simply, that the US and western nations, out spent them. How many major conflicts has the US been in, in the last 15 years or so? Too many. The price of gold went fron $36 dollars an ounce to $360 shortly after the end of the Viet Nam war. Coincidence?

Reality Check, they show a spot on the Armed forces network, showing the aftermath of a terrorist bombing, as a reminder to stay vigilant. I´d watched it a few times, before I´d noticed, that guy loading a casuality into an ambulance, was me. Always makes me wonder if I´d been ten minutes earlier.

Stay alert, be vigilant, have a plan, be a survivor, Semper paratus, coast guard motto, always prepared. Never thought of the coast guard as SURVIVALISTS, but generally competant and prepared, works for me.

A short note for M-240 storm, M-85 my nickname was Buzz. :-D [addsig]

Does anyone else think it would interesting to see how the occupation of Iraq would turn out. If the US used Iraq's oil money to increase the standard of living of the Iraq people 10 fold, their support for the US would be amazing and then we would have an oil rich ally with a democratic govt that we could set up. I dont see a down side here for Iraq or the US. Unless I am missing something here this could mean the break in the OPEC monopoly resulting in lower exported oil prices and a liberation of an oppressed people.[addsig]

Judge-
You are forgetting one key element in your little dream world. A vast majority of the people in the Middle East loathe the US. Even if we did go in and turn their economy around, yeah the little people on the streets may love us, but that doesn't mean a thing if the people in power hate us. Their gov'ts and ways of life have been in place for a very long time and they are not willing to turn around and change everything they believe in just because we say so.
For instance- If you were NFL coach for 20 years and had your ways set in stone and they worked for you would want to listen to some little 6 year old kid that came up to you are tried to tell you how to run your football team??
Granted their might be some good ideas but its the fact that we are trying to MAKE them conform to OUR way of living and the way WE want them to be. If we went in there and fixed their entire gov't then maybe yes, like you said we might have good relationship with them. But just like Iraq has proved in the past decade, they cannot be trusted, they are always trying to push the limit to see what they can get away with. We cannot go in their and completely turn their way of life around and expect them to comply with our ideas.

And just so you know also, I AM in the Army and am expecting to get a call at any time to go active duty, so yes, I am going to do MY part in trying to keep our country safe from enemies, both foreign and domestic......[addsig]

you can choose to be ready for anything or you can choose to be at the mercy of others in a time of real need. All I was trying to say was
Look Up and Stay Alert!
It is all up to each of you! as the man said "I like Gatoraid" hehehe Tug

PS God Bless everyone of you that served or are now serving in the "United States Armed Forces" You are all heros in my home. Danny Keplinger aka Tug[addsig]

Back