Warn offroad lights.

TeddESP

Is anyone running the wireless light kits on their rig? Any feedback is appreciated, I'm looking into buying some.

i just get mine from harbor freight there cheaper! Im pretty rough on lights so if I broke an expensive one i would probably be pretty sad!

I do the same thing. A light is a light. I just can't see spending that much money on something you're most likely just gonna break or crack anyway. I got lucky last weekend and found some pretty much brand new HELLA's at the junkyard last weekend. Got em for about $15.

Yeah I get the 10 dollar ones from harbor freight, they look exactly like the kc ones. Where I ride they usually get knocked off pretty regularly

Yeah I saw the ones you're talking about the other day there. They don't look half bad at all. Schucks o'reily sells those Baja ones for like 30 bucks, and those things look pretty darn durable.

No. I don't think I would call myself hardcore at all. Its just that rocks kick up, and branches fly. Stuff like that breaks lights pretty easily. I had a branch crack one of my fenders two weeks ago. Its just all part of the game.

I usually break one a month just from rocks in traffic. They are a pretty big target and mine are only 5 inches.

yeah they usually get broke off by limbs and vines (im a trailblazer) and yeah a couple have heen cracked by driving down the road. One time I had them on for a while and hit a deep water hole and when the light went under it just busted the lense out!!! its not hardcore just everyday wheeling for me

Like I said: its all just part of the game. If something doesn't break, you just aren't doing it right. =D

Haha that does seem like how it goes for me too.. Not so much lights but the more expensive stuff. =] last time I broke nothing so maybe I wasn't trying hard enough. As for the lights, could the reason they're breaking be that they're only $10? More expensive lights incorporate higher grade materials and could probably take the abuse you guys put them through. I do see your point though.

TeddESP said:
Haha that does seem like how it goes for me too.. Not so much lights but the more expensive stuff. =] last time I broke nothing so maybe I wasn't trying hard enough. As for the lights, could the reason they're breaking be that they're only $10? More expensive lights incorporate higher grade materials and could probably take the abuse you guys put them through. I do see your point though.

No I had a 120 dollar pair of hella light I got for Christmas and they break equally as easy as the harbor freight ones. My buddy used to run kc daylighters but guess what he has now? A light is a light where I wheel h couldn't see 300 yards in front of u in the daytime so the long range light argument doesn't work for me

rdtj said:
No I had a 120 dollar pair of hella light I got for Christmas and they break equally as easy as the harbor freight ones. My buddy used to run kc daylighters but guess what he has now? A light is a light where I wheel h couldn't see 300 yards in front of u in the daytime so the long range light argument doesn't work for me

I can respect that side too. I may just buy cheap ones from Walmart or something since they're so cheap to just replace? I'm very indecisive and my opinions vary month to month as to what product to go with so I'm not sure. :p Sounds like your enjoying the jeep life. :p that's why it says life is good! :p

TeddESP said:
I can respect that side too. I may just buy cheap ones from Walmart or something since they're so cheap to just replace? I'm very indecisive and my opinions vary month to month as to what product to go with so I'm not sure. :p Sounds like your enjoying the jeep life. :p that's why it says life is good! :p

Honestly it's all about what you want, if u want the warn offroad lights then go get them. I'm not trying to say there bad by any means, If you wheel places where u wouldn't have to worry about them getting broke off then by all means go get em, I'm kind of curious my self as to how they perform. I'm just letting you know there are other options that way if you do get them then you don't regret it. And yes the jeep life is great and I'm lovin it!!!! Wouldn't trade it for nothin!!

Yea I love my jeep and it doesn't really have anything new and shiny so I'm thinking of going with the dulled down "generic brand" if that makes sense. Plus I'm on a budget and they couldn't be that bad i would hope and if they were terrible I'd probably just return them. Lol

If your on a budge do not buy warn lights they're crazy expensive. I just got a couple sets of tractor lights from a country store they're crazy bright ad the cost 6$ :)

Back