4x4 vs Airboat

southtj

While I was bad mouthing Top Gear on another thread I did enjoy this segment.

They raced a pretty bad a** off road vehicle against an airboat. The start was jaw dropping. I'd never seen an airboat drive on land before. :shock:
This is the whole episode so jump ahead to 16:50.

that 4x4 was lame. 60000 for that when you can get a SVT raptor for 20000 less and get about the same performance. and the race looked completely staged to bring in more drama. the airboat was kinda cool though. never seen a supercharged motor on an airboat before.

I saw that video last night too, me and my lady watched it and found it pretty interesting.

While I was bad mouthing Top Gear on another thread I did enjoy this segment.

They raced a pretty bad a** off road vehicle against an airboat. The start was jaw dropping. I'd never seen an airboat drive on land before. :shock:
This is the whole episode so jump ahead to 16:50.
i dont c the airboat video? all i see is the top gear episode where the jeep dominates those 2

Dang, they changed the current video. Can't find it anywhere else.

That Trar was pretty cool for a baja-type rig, looked like you get quite a bit for the $60k, much more than the Raptor. Old boy almost rolled his airboat when he spun it around at the end of the race.

bounty I disagree. in my opinion they pegged it as a vehicle you can drive to work and take off road at anytime. its in the same class as a raptor and you may get more options out of it but 20k more? I'm not too sure. they took a stock SVT raptor, modified it slightly to bring it up to Baja spec and then ran it in the Baja 1000. it finished first in it's class if I remember correctly. I would like to see the other one run a Baja race to really compare the two.

Back