Real Jeeps? your opinion please

My TJ only scored 100 :redface:

Could you imagine how fast Jeep would go out of business if they sold nothing but Jeeps without AC or automatic transmissions?

Attachments

• IMG_0438-misty-mountain.JPG
    IMG_0438-misty-mountain.JPG
    324.2 KB · Views: 153
Thank goodness everyone made it out alive. Did anything happen to the driver who fell asleep?

she got a little pain from the airbag but thats it. after she hit us i went back and she was laying there like she was asleep so i opened her door and checked if she was ok and she was dazed and kept saying she was tired. i got her husband on her phone and he said she was a nurse at the hospital down the street and they work 24 hour shifts. the ambulance took her back to that hospital. i think she is fine now though

A real Jeep is any Jeep owned by a Jeep lover. A Jeep owner that appreciates what a Jeep was, is and what it is capable of owns a "real" Jeep.

Any model Jeep owned by someone that doesn't understand that doesn't own a real Jeep. It's just transportation.

southtj said:
A real Jeep is any Jeep owned by a Jeep lover. A Jeep owner that appreciates what a Jeep was, is and what it is capable of owns a "real" Jeep.

Any model Jeep owned by someone that doesn't understand that doesn't own a real Jeep. It's just transportation.

You hit it square on the grill friend. If e all had the same thought we could harass each other all day and no feelings would be hurt!

southtj said:

Right on !! Hit it square in the grill!!

redneckpyrate said:
You hit it square on the grill friend. If e all had the same thought we could harass each other all day and no feelings would be hurt!

True True True...

[☠]lllllll[☠] 89 YJ ...SOA +6.5...44"Trxus' I Love my dirtYJeep! [☠]lllllll[☠]

If I had my front drive shaft fixed, and 4 tires the same size I would take my jeep off road and use it like it is meant to be used, along with using it for everyday transportation.

This isn't directed to you, but everyone in general that says only wranglers are jeeps, I have more practical needs for a vehicle. I need something that has a fixed roof, that i can comfortably drive over the summer and winter, and i don't have wear my leg out pushing a clutch in during rush hour, but last i checked i still had an amc 4.0 I-6 under the hood, dana axles, an np transfer case and the name jeep on my tailgate.

The only question I have is why do ZJs get such a bad rap? I have had mine 8 years and wheeled it like nobody's business and it is still amazing. Most of the things under the frame is the same as a TJ even the lift I have is originally for a TJ but with some minor mods to the rear track bar bracket. I have done many trails with all sorts of Jeep models and have been equal or even better in some cases (quadra-trac baby). So why all the hate?

dustin g said:
The only question I have is why do ZJs get such a bad rap? I have had mine 8 years and wheeled it like nobody's business and it is still amazing. Most of the things under the frame is the same as a TJ even the lift I have is originally for a TJ but with some minor mods to the rear track bar bracket. I have done many trails with all sorts of Jeep models and have been equal or even better in some cases (quadra-trac baby). So why all the hate?

Pretty sure it has to do with alphabetical order..... As soon as the "haters" run out of opportunities to rag on YJs they move on to ZJs.... ;-)

[☠]lllllll[☠] 89 YJ ...SOA +6.5...44"Trxus' I Love my dirtYJeep! [☠]lllllll[☠]

I realize everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but we are all here because we own something built by Jeep, have a love for Jeeps and off roading, and want to share that interest with like minded people. I could see if this was a Wrangler forum and people with Cherokee's or Grand Cherokees were trying to fit in, but it is a place where we can all come and share something in common. I was kind of figuring that people hate on fixed roof Jeeps because they are jealous of us not forgetting to put the top back on and having to sit on a wet seat when it rains, having to worry if someone unzipped our top and stole something, and being able to keep the heat in when it is 0* outside and you're trying not to freeze. That's just my opinion though.

usually see soccer moms driving them lol:lol:

I dont see any resemblance.

so by your estimation a Landcruiser is more a Jeep than a Jeep which is not a flat fender or whatever you closed minded criteria is

ak10toyota.jpg

If you really do feel that way then I feel sorry for you being so closed minded (must be a small and threatning world for you with new things popping up all the time replacing the real "old" things).

Also this does make for a cute little internet "trolling" thread so congratulations and "troll on" ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i love grand cherokees. so comfy, so smooth, so roomy, man, what else can i say. still 4x4 and a jeep 4.0 with dana axles and np trans case.

I dunno, I've owned and wheeled every 4wd vehicle I've ever owned (that ran) except my wifes durango. this list includes number of YJ's, couple CJ 5&7's, CJ2a waggy, Jtruck, and XJ and a bunch of non-jeep vehicles.

they have all performed well and did what I wanted them to do, I guess I just can't get behind this "my jeep is a real jeep circle jerk" If you wheel it and or use as intended, it's all cool in my book.

I guess the flaws I am noting in your rating.. jeeps never came stock in the US with a D60 except for some J trucks and FC trucks, none of which those had fold down windshields.

Jeeps never came with a spool or a mechanical locker sans rubicon.

the only front D44 ever in a open top jeep is the rubicon, and even that is not a true D44

so if you have a real jeep, how can they be equipt with non-jeep parts?

Last edited:
i was going to point those little things out way back in the beginning of the thread too but i figured why, someone else would.

and i like all jeeps (except the patriot and compass) and am always having to point out the positives about them on all the forums.

i was going to point those little things out way back in the beginning of the thread too but i figured why, someone else would.

and i like all jeeps (except the patriot and compass) and am always having to point out the positives about them on all the forums.

No.. you knew I was gonna be the Debbie Downer.. :lol:

I look at my current YJ, the only thing on it that is still from jeep is the motor and trans, part of the frame, the cowl and half the hood; everything else is pretty much from another manufacturer; axles, t-case, suspension. even if you want to break down the motor, the alternator is from a dodge; power steering is from a chevy, cooling fan is from a ford. I will revert to my initial point, use it as you want to, thats what makes it cool; regardless if it is a trail rig, or a bone stock cruiser.

To add, with out the patriot and compass, I doubt Jeep would be able to compete in the current market, so I guess in a round about way, we can thank the patriot and compass for allowing a solid axle JK to be produced. the Grand kinda lost it's luxury SUV status once lexus and infinity and BMW released their SUV's, cross over's and all wheel drive soccer-mom-mobiles are what are driving the market; jeep has three vehicles in the ring and they do pretty well sales wise. Patriot and compass both being a more entry level vehicle with that "I wear northface and shop at whole foods" vibe and the mid class liberty that says" I own a Kayak and have the thule roof rack to prove it"

Last edited:
Back