Water leak on driver side floor board.

ddudeck

Can't figure out where it is coming from, do know it only leaks when it rains. Has anyone experienced this - that could give me some insight before I take it to the dealer and spend big $. I am thinking it might be coming from under the plastic strip on the door sill. Could there be a gasket under this sill that has gone bad? I would appreciate any help I can get.[addsig]

What kind of jeep?

Tug would say,

"It's a jeep and it's damp, ride and be happy!"
;-) ;-) ;-) [addsig]

Do you have any aftermarket equiptment that would require passage through the fire wall, such as fog light, amplifiers, trailer brake controls, alarms. If you do, check the points where they pass through. If they are not properly sealed, then water will trickle through.[addsig]

may be the heater intake just forward of the windshield. get under there with a flash light and have someone (or yourself) trickle a water hose over the hood and watch where the water comes from.

may also be the windshield cowl seal.

not real good for your dash and fuse panel.

let me know what you find.[addsig]

You were right, the leak was coming from the windshield. Thanks for the tip. I am having the windshield re-sealed this week.[addsig]

just curious, how much would they be getting for that seal change? my seal was $40-ish and a snap to change.[addsig]

Back