Do people pull out in front of you

Scottie

I find that several times a day people pull out of junctions, side roads etc in front of the Jeep, it was the same with my last Jeep:x

Do they think - oh 4x4 s are slow so we can just pull out - it's very strange :???:

In a collision their cars will no doubt come off worse than the Jeep thats the strange thing :roll:

I don't see it too much. In Virginia Beach drivers are more courteous and relaxed. I lived outside of Washington DC for a while and the drivers were horrible - if you left a couple of feet between you and the car in front then someone would try to fit in there.

NJ here, we have the right turn on red law. Meaning when there's no traffic coming, you can make your turn. However, it seems like most knuckleheads never read the whole sentence. Right turn on red, is all they know, they wouldn't care if you were in an Abrams Tank bearing down at 50+ MPH, they're going.
All part of the adventure of driving in the tri state area.

I find that a lot of people pull out in front of me too. Another thing is people won't get in the lane behind me at a red light. They learn their lesson when I tear away from the light and they are all stuck behind the grannies in the buicks and caddilacs next to me!

People in Kentucky will but when i have to replace my bumper and they have to replace their car they will understand not to do it again.

That happens. To me it happens no matter what I'm driving. Typically it's some mow-ron :p on a side road who see's me coming.. waits... thinks... waits... then goes and pulls out :shock:. Possibly their due for a new glasses :shades: prescription? Possibly their cars down a cylinder (give them an excuse)? Had they gone right at the get-go and provided the appropiate amount of pressure with their right foot all would have been good. I usually pass if it's clear, honk, tuck over and keep going. These are probably the same Yeah-who's that tootle onto the freeway @ 45-55 and beleiving everyone must move out of their way. Boy, this could just end up being one over-inflated thread of rants...

Just about an Hour Ago some dipstick made a left in front of me. He was in a Toyota camry. Had to slams my brakes. Good thing I have upgraded rotors and pads. Had I reacted a little late he would have had 2 37" tires, an SRC Smittylbilt bumper and a 9500 milemarker up in his face. It would have been obviously his fault, and the insurance would've taken care of it but I don't like my rig being down for repairs.
Some people just don't understand physics. And about having some extra cushion space... I feel your pain. I love having extra space between the car in front and me. That's mainly in case I have to stop abruptly and I can still have wiggle room for the dipstick not paying attention behind me about to rear end me.
Accidents suck!

Jeepz Rock!

I live in Florida....... Need I say more??? Between Prozac, Oxigen tubes up the nose, all kind of other meds, we have seen it all here. I give up riding motorcycles long, long time again just because of that. Oh, did I mentioned texting....??

Try driving truck, I see it everyday! People think cause I got 7 axles hauling over 80000 pounds I can stop on a dime, if I didn't just expect then to do it someone would be flat by now. I get really mad when they do it when I'm in my jeep!

I don't see it too much. In Virginia Beach drivers are more courteous and relaxed. I lived outside of Washington DC for a while and the drivers were horrible - if you left a couple of feet between you and the car in front then someone would try to fit in there.

I grew up in Maryland right outside of Washington D.C. and I learned quick to hug the bumper of the car in front of me. Out here in Utah people still pull out in front of you but they usually smash the gas and go, but the college students are the ones that usually pull out in front of you at the last second.

Lived in NE PA a long time even in SE PA for a while. All normal pace use a blinker to change lanes. Sure Philly is a bit crazy but they use blinkers and look before changing lanes. Even NY city isn't bad as long as you don't block the box and know where your going.
Here in Ohio I see four lanes changed/crossed in 100 ft no blinker and without looking. :x Daily I sit in some traffic and have a few pull from behind and pass if you leave a few feet open for crawling in line.
Speeding through an intersections on yellow and red until the cross traffic starts moving.
Lastly, I'm not sure if many don't realize speed limit signs are max speed limits and not min.:twisted:

JPNinPA I'm an Ohioan and here are the road rules. When a light turns red, 3 more ppl can make a left turn. If traffic is stopped, the shoulder becomes an acceptable lane. The number on the speed limit sign is 5mph less than the expected driving speed (10mph if you are feeling daring). It is not necessary to make others aware of your intentions to turn or change lanes; it is acceptable to go any desired direction regardless of the lane designation.

It is most inappropriate, however, to make a Pittsburgh left.

Thats a bad problem here too...
Pull right out and drive 45 mph............

JPNinPA I'm an Ohioan and here are the road rules. When a light turns red, 3 more ppl can make a left turn. If traffic is stopped, the shoulder becomes an acceptable lane. The number on the speed limit sign is 5mph less than the expected driving speed (10mph if you are feeling daring). It is not necessary to make others aware of your intentions to turn or change lanes; it is acceptable to go any desired direction regardless of the lane designation.

Funny!
More like norms than a rules.

Ever get the soft top figured out down there in Az?

Not figured out. Just left it down. No rain, no top, no doors. I will be driving back to OH next week, so I am going to have to force it up again soon.

It happens to me all the time, pull out in front of me then put along, cut me off etc. The people who pass me thru no passing zones are the worst...there's a reason for speedlimits! If you can't get where your going without speeding/driving like an idiot leave earlier! Sorry this topic really gets me I've seen it WAY to much...

Try driving truck, I see it everyday! People think cause I got 7 axles hauling over 80000 pounds I can stop on a dime, if I didn't just expect then to do it someone would be flat by now. I get really mad when they do it when I'm in my jeep!

DITTO. I had to give it up when i started aiming for the fools.

LOL.....same rules in Florida except for us is a Miami left...LOL

I wish I knew when my last day on the face of the earth was and I was in good shape to drive......... I would take as many of these dipsticks out as I could. It would be demolition derby day!
:shades::shades::shades::shades::shades::shades::shades:

Back