I went to the carwash today...did I do the wrong thing?

johnny7point0

I felt so gross being there because I usually wash my Jeep in my backyard, but I had a coupon for a free carwash and wanted to get some use out of it. Does that make me a bad person for going through the carwash with my Jeep? :-? [addsig]

YES, Jeeps look better covered in mud than they do sparkling clean. You are allowed 1 wash a year and for every one after that you must immediately go get it covered with mud to punish yourself. hah j/k, if you want to go through the carwash, its ok its your jeep and you can what you want.

TARSI[addsig]

there's nothing wrong with taking care of your jeep in my opinion...[addsig]

I love car washes. Let someone else do the work! I don't take the Jeep to one, because there's so little surface area to wash. But the Dodge Ram 1500, that goes to the wash![addsig]

I was wondering the Same thing about "Touch-Free" car washes. are those doable with soft tops?
[addsig]

Keep your moving parts all nice and clean. Every time I come out of the woods to the car wash I do go. Wash it off while has not set up and you will not have to work os hard later. My 2 cents tug[addsig]

i try to wash my jeep as often as possiable in the winter....they salt the roads pretty heavily here in canada and the jeep dont takin too kindly to rust :-D :-D

however the summer is a different story asll together[addsig]

Somewhere I read the top 10 car ripoffs. One of them was a car wash. You pay $10 for dirty soap and a convear belt. Theres is nothing more satisfying to me than spening all day washing and waxing your vehicle than showing it off later that night. You not only earn some pride in your ride, but you get to know every little nook and cranny.[addsig]

hehe...well said stang(on the car wash ripoff issue)...thats why i bought my own pressure washer...i think it is a wize investment for all jeepers :-D :cool:

edited by: west747, Mar 27, 2003 - 11:34 PM[addsig]

i wash it all the time in the winter... then.. in the summer.. i'll spray the underside once in a while... and i'll wash it whenever i find something to fix.... though, i do have a bunch of mud inside my windshield that i vow never to wash away[addsig]

Well it's like this: I treat my jeep like the fine lady she is. And Like a lady I would not want anyone else putting there dirty hands on her. So I do the job myself, and hey we both get what we want. I get to know her every curve and dimple, and she gets to have a great hand wash. but you know, it as they say different strokes for different folks. The best thing is you wanting to take care of you jeep and thats what matters the most.[addsig]

Ha the car wash's around here wont let me use them b/c i exceed the height limit. I dont like the ones that are all mechanical either, the spinning pads they use actually will badly scratch your paint and remove decals if you have them. I either take it to a do it yourself place w/ a pressure washer or take it to a local place where a bunch of people hand wash it for you, but its not cheap. They wash it inside and out , its great to have the thing covered in mud and they open the doors and mud starts drippin out, they get so pissed :evil: A lot of people think wax isnt needed on a Jeep but i wax mine all the time, then the mud dosent cake on there so badly & the ladies like a shiny red Jeep![addsig]

i don't need a car wash. every time i get my jeep muddy, it pours the next day. does this happen to anyone else? :-? [addsig]

Works that way for watering my lawn, but I agree, a clean machine is a happy machine.

A happy machine will take good care of you and get you back home.

blue[addsig]

Nothing like leaving a big pile of mud in the wash bay. It really pisses the owners and managers off.

pinaplebob[addsig]

I let the rain take care of business unless some punk kids write "clean me" on the back window and all over the body...i worked hard for that mud..i deserve it![addsig]

I was wondering the Same thing about "Touch-Free" car washes. are those doable with soft tops?

Touch free, "Laser guided",
$3-$5, 4.5 minutes and my
mudd is down the drain.

Good hand Wax in my drive.
and the first 5-10 minutes of
mudd seems to slide right off.

So far no problems..

ELDERS, please add your thoughts.[addsig]

i leave my mud for the rain to clean, the only thing i wash is the door sill on the driver side so i dont get mud on my dress pants (work)[addsig]

Back