Galaxy cb radio

Sully

Have any of you guys ever heard of a galaxy cb radio???Well,my dad got a hold of an old one that is never used and said I could have it!!!We are going to rig it up in the jeep this weekend!!!He was telling me about it and told me that he picked up at an old truck stop a while back.He said that it is so powerful that it is outlawed in california.And let me tell you,this puppy is sweet!!!Im so proud. :-D Cant wait to install it this weekend. Sully [addsig]

I better be able to see some pics'
sounds really cool...... :-D :-D :-D [addsig]

Well as an old trucker myself, yes I have heard of them. They are great radios. I am a cobra man myself and have a 29ltd classic in my rig. Of course it has all the goodies in it like a texas star 200 kicker and wilson antenna, telex mic, talk back etc... But the radio you have will most certainly walk the dog... Enjoy and remember, it's not what you have it's how you use it... OlllllO

:lol: :lol: :cool: [addsig]

Great radio. Do you know the model #? I t should be right on the front of it.[addsig]

We had a galaxy cb in our boat years back, worked the nuts!
got yourself a real find there

Johnny[addsig]

Those are cool radios. Its not that its illegal in California, it a 10 meter ham radio and technically illegal to use on the CB bands even though it will go there. I remember the days of having alot of fun on the CB. Not too many people around here use em anymore except for the truck drivers. Have fun with her man, just dont let Uncle Charlie (FCC) get ya. [addsig]

I would trade you my Uniden 66 in a new york second for it! Mine it is all hopped up and talks like a pro. You have a great ol radio there and just take it to a CB shop and have em go through it and tweek it, Set your SWR to match the attena to it and you will have a real deal there. Tug[addsig]

Back