top speed?

LGR

so I was thinking to myself today..how fast can I go once this lift is done thats going on 4 weeks now thanks to missing and mangled parts. 33" with the 5 speed 6 cylinder. Everybody tells me you'll lose 5th gear. oh 3.73 gears too. so i'm lookin at like 70 mph or so? anyone? [addsig]

w/ 3.73s and a 6cyl you probaly wont lose 5th [addsig]

good..so long as the trip to the beach doesn't take 3 hours[addsig]

The changes made from a 4 banger 5 speed with no lift and 27" street treads to a 3" lift and 31" Baja Claws

5th gear is a fond memory!

19 miles to the gal. gone forever now more like 15 mph on the road!

highway speeds of 75 to 80 when going slightly down grade with good wind, Now 65 with a good steep grade and a pushing wind, up hill on the hwy can go down to 3rd in a pull at 50 mph.

Now for the good news!!!!

4wd hi is has great torque! 4wd lo is a creep around delight! Run 2wd lo in 3rd gear a bunch off road set thumb throttle at 1250 rpm range and can walk the dog in the trails. "This is due to the cable disconect to the frot diff."

No slip grip with the claws and disco's. Idel thru the thick soupy mudd and stuff stuff and in the dry woodland base there is no chance of a spin.

No more belly rub on the humps and bumps. Clearence is great now.

This is a different jeep than I once had in the woods.

I miss the everyday road manners of the ol soft spring ride and the mileage of the same but the new jeep is much more to my likeing. Slower and rougher but so much more what you want out of a jeep. Would like to ride a jeep with 33's or even 35" but it would be over kill for my area and style of trail riden. This is a good set up or this area.

Hope this helps you at all. There is a big trade off in the lifting of a jeep but you just need to know what you are looseing and gaining. Take the time to ask yourself "self is this for me" befor you d this. Tug

[addsig]

bigger the better if you ask me. i just gotta head down the shore on a 2 hour ride..wondering if i will make it in 2 hours or 4. so long as i can get her to about 70 or so and move like that for awhile. but i don't want to over work lady too[addsig]

if you have a 6 cyl with 3.73.. you should be able to run in 5th with 33" tires[addsig]

I have 31s with 3.07 and my 5th gear is very well used... and i'm quite sure that if i increased my tire size by 2 inches... the 3.73 swap would easily suffice for the change[addsig]

I put 31's on mine a couple weeks ago. There's about a 5 MPH drag, but I can hit 70 and use 5th gear. It just makes passing semis on the highway a little trickier is all.... :-D [addsig]

What year Jeep and what motor do you have?
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I have a '99 with a 4.0 and I also have the 33's.........I didn't lose 5th gear at all on everyday driving. While driving to Tenn. and facing some of those mountains on the highway, I did have to put it in 4th, but normal around town driving has not changed that much.

You should be able to do 70, just don't expect it to bo in 8 seconds.

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

Tug....regear it and you will find your lost mileage.... :cool: My Ole XJ with a mighty 2.5 REALLY turned into a dog with 33's :lol: [addsig]

Ok im running GSA's 225, 4.0 Tj automatic if I go to 31's what kind of performance can I expect or not expect. does the auto make that much differance? Top end right now i about 100 or so. Oh yea Im running 3.73 I almost forgot "2.3sec " off a cliff maybe.

edited by: kraken, Jul 17, 2003 - 07:58 PM[addsig]

I got ya'll all beat with my 2 flat hehehehe :lol: :-D [addsig]

Back