just bought a 94 jeep wrangler and i have a few questions

kelamb

i would like to change the dash lights to another color, has anyone done this before,

Second is i need to replace a door handle on the outside of my steel doors, does anyone know where i can find out how to do this myself

how do i get my doors off...they seem to be rusted on

Can't help you with the dash lights. I do know where to find the parts for the door handle, and they might come with instructions. Try www.quadratec.com for those parts.

Welcome!

Welcome to the board!

You really can't replace the dash color in your YJ! Well OK You can But heres the deal! 91-95 YJ's Are back lit gauges, When chrysler changed the dash, they never changed the bulbs, so it was a very bright, so what they did is put blue sleaves over the bulbs. Know how you can buy thos blue sleaves at pep boys or Autozone to change the color of a bulb with out accually changing hte bulb, Well you got those factory! In theory, you can replace the bulbs with a new color, but 2 things,
1. I don't think they make a colored bulb that fits!
2. Why?? If you want your dash to look a bit different, you can get white face guages pretty inexpensive and look pretty good. Check it out www.jeepwhitegauges.com
As for the Paddle handle, pretty easy. Remove the interior pannel by removing the pull strap, and window crank (to remove crank, pry the center out and there is a torx screw inside) Us a pannel puller and just pull the clips off. You can pull them by hand just be careful that you don't break too many. The top rear of the door is a removeable pannel held on with 5 screws, take that off.
Here is where it gets a bit tougher, unscrew the Bear Claw mechanism and there will be the back of the paddle handle. Two black torx screws hold it is, unscrew and disconnect the accuator rod from the white clip and your done. Put together in the opposite order!

Johnny

I changed all the dash lights in my 94' yj to purple. I f I can remember correctly I had a hard time getting that color but eventually found them at discount performance. And they do have them at Autozone now. I could be wrong it was awhile ago that I did this , but then again if it wasnt possible.....How did I do it? hmmmmm :? No really you can change them it just takes some searching to find the right bulbs in the color you want. Good luck

Kelamb, ive got an extra set of doorhandles, pay for the shipping and their yours...just need to find them! full yj steel doors?

Back