Rustys Offroad .com

rivired67

ya so i just wanted to let all my fellow jeep enthusiast in this forum to hear about my terrible business experience with www.rustysoffroad.com ,rustys sent me a great track bar package..it has a poly mount on each end and a new frame mount..and cross brace to siffen the front end up..(UNIBODY XJ)..along with a nice dual steerign stabilizer kit...however..they forgot to send both the brakets to mount the second location stbilizer.Ok so Next day i call them up and and tell them what happened...and the polite okees apologized and were very hospitable and told me they were going to ship my missing parts out right away...and i shoudl expect them in about two days(YOUD THINK they would rush ship parts they FORGOT in your order),Keeping in mind i was charged over 50$ for shipping on my invoice..So 7 days later i get a priority mail envelope in my box(large thin cardpaper envelope)....that these thoughrally ignorant people..stuck a large heavy piece of metal in(the brakets) with no wrap im assuming,so back to what i was saying..i get the envelope..but instead of the braket being in there..its just this beat up envelope with a big hole in it..where teh sorta sharp edged braket tore though and fell out somwhere along the mail system...LOVELY HUH...so i go to the post office and they sed sence rustys did non insure the package..there is nothing i can do about it.so i haev to go to my local shop and lukily they had a good deal on a rancho mount kit for the same kidna deal for 24.95$...anyways along wih that MAJOR problem..rustys HD track bar kit uses 1/2 inch bolts..when the stock bottom bolt is i believe a 3/8 with a special tab with a bolt on it due to the lack of acess to the back of the axle track bar mount...so it was either stick the 3/8 though ther 1/2 hole..and have a bunch of play ...(wtf) or go buy a 1/2 bit that i paid 12 bucks for and drill a complete new hole and use a standard bolt ont eh back...also the oversize cylinders on rustys stabilizers will run into your pitment A. to knuckle Bar when it is turned sharp to either side cuasing steering binding....also on the 2nd steering stabilizer the u bolt style clamp that is meant to go on your tie rod..they send the big ass u bolts meant for there HD oversize tierod...that are WAY to big for the small stock one...this company is rediculous..they make high qaulity things..but there hardware and engineering is horrible..and the worst is there customer serive...i belvie if sombody company messes up yoru order and schedule..they better RUSH ur parts to you...especially when u paid over 50$ for shipping in the first place....id never reccomend buying anything from rustys unless u live right next to em so u can go get whatver they forgot..or go get advice on how to "rig" there products to work on your specific application...

Dean Sanback.

Last edited:

Sorry to hear about your misfortune but,

deal with it. **** happens sometimes. You shoulda called them back after the second mishap instead of buying something that was possibly incompatible (which it was) with what you were given. They woulda straightened it out and probably given you a credit, they are a stand up company. And you know, sometimes things require modification, other than just bolting something on. Sorry you had a bad experience but do me a favor and get your panties out of a knot.

Also, don't come on here with 5 posts just to bash someone or something. That is all.

They would have made the second error up to you. And let em tell you, there are ccompanys out there i've dealt with that wouldn't take care of their screw up. They charged me for shipping the missing parts too. Rustys would have hooked you up if you called them again.

when they sent me my 3" lift package i didnt get one of the rear springs. but i called them and they sent it next day and didnt charge me for it. they are great. and probibly the reason why you got charged 50 dollars for shipping is probibly, i dunno, the weight of the items? hell, i paid like alot more. so like curropt said. deal with it, call them, and they will fix the problem...and take the panties off...thats just wierd...also, i believe, correct me if i am wrong, but when you bought the HEAVY DUTY dual stabilizers, the only ones they sell, that you would probibly need heavy duty tie rods? hmmm...

Last edited:
The folks at Rusty's are good people. When you call you get one of the same two voices that you always do. I like 'em. That kind of place is rare. They make good products and have great prices. They are not a huge retailer like Quadratec. They made an error, but they would have made good on it if you had given them the chance.

So, in a nutshell...

Quit yer whinin' and bashin'!

ok for starters my 5 post was cuz i typod a bunch and corrected it..sorry mod.So anyways in my defense i posted cuz its customer feedback..theres good and bad..rustys doesnt give you the option of e-mailing them..i think the more people know the better..from my point of view..being a first time customer..it sucked for me..cuz i dont get how u can all say they woudl made good..they f'd up and should have not lied to me about a 2-3 days expected delivery and just gave me a straight answer.7-8 days..and id be like OK!.(my 4th call to them finnaly got one of em to reveal that to me).anywyas to adress you all one by one..no the rancho kit was fully compatible with the cyl. they sent me..(corupt)And to jakbob..no..they sell two diff kits one is for ur stock y-set up and the other is the ones that fit best on there tie-rod conversion.do ur HW at least.and ya i guess im jsut b******* again.sorry if nobody likes my critique..but i though thats what forums were for.

Wow.....makes me want to go check out their website and do a little shopping. Seriously man it sounds like you didn't even give them a chance. Patience is a virtue and so are communication skills. You may need to invest in a little more of both and you might have better luck in the future.

Deal with it, and once again, don't start off here bashing a company that has a good reputation. You may have gotten some lame summer intern that gave you bad info, but that doesn't reflect on their reputation. Like everyone else has said, Rusty's is a great company to deal with.

And get my damn name right next time you try and quote me.

It sounds like Rusty's packaging is about as good as rivired67's spelling. Both suck!
That was a stupid way to package an item and Rusty's should have known better. YOU should have nicely explained that to them when you called back. I'm sure my fellow Alabama boys would have made it right.

Man, that was hard to read. Dude, it would appear that most people love Rusty's so don't be too hard on them for one screw up. Finding a quality company is hard to find so you may want to give them another chance.

You may have gotten some lame summer intern that gave you bad info, but that doesn't reflect on their reputation.

Ummm, actually it does . . . kinda by definition. And Jesus guys, he had a bad experience and wanted to share it. Absolutely no reason to bash him. You can disagree with him all you want, but don't be a**holes about it. I'm plain disgusted at the behavior of some of the people on this board lately. I like this board because it was completely free of any flaming and mean hearted arguing. Keeping a family atmosphere requires more than bleeping out your cuss words, but keeping your attitudes in check also. So, stop being jerks. Rivired67, I aplogize for their behavior.

If someone told me 2-3 days and it ended up being 7, I would not complain. That's still fairly quick. And, since you never called and asked them about it, how do you know it wasn't just a screw up at whatever shipping company was used. Wait, don't do that cause then you'll be on here b**ching about UPS and Fedex

Jesus guys, he had a bad experience and wanted to share it. Absolutely no reason to bash him. You can disagree with him all you want, but don't be a**holes about it. I'm plain disgusted at the behavior of some of the people on this board lately. I like this board because it was completely free of any flaming and mean hearted arguing. Keeping a family atmosphere requires more than bleeping out your cuss words, but keeping your attitudes in check also. So, stop being jerks. Rivired67, I aplogize for their behavior.

....bbbbbut he started it, yelling with all that bold text and all.....

im sorry i didnt know that my text font..boldness..or size told anybody if i was yelling or not..i wasnt..and ya like my ONE supporter in here sed..i just had a bad experience and wanted to tell ..again what is the point in forums..i agree i dont think rustys is a bad company..i think they make GREAT THINGS..but they deff. got some work to do...and yes i did CALL them 4 times in fact during my 7 days shipping wait.im NOT bashing..you guys are bashing..just cuz we have a diff in opinion here..but hey again..thats what forums are for.and for anybody who think im just being this impatient a-hole waiting 7 dyas for shipping.its cuz i told these guys im leaving for a trip on a certain date. and thats when they told me the 2-3 days thing..as if it was gonan be rush shipped.so therefore my trip got set back.and ya i think thatd bother anybody.

And Also I Apologize For Calling the rustys staff Okees From Muskogee...Alright? cuz that was mean..and i was angerd when i wrote that..so i apologize for any offensive content in my initial message.

rivered67, welcome to jeepz.com . I'm sure you and SenorCole can understand the reactions when you come on here and your first post is in a large bold font, ranting about the service from a company that others may or may not have a history with. The responses weren't surprising.

I for one have used Rusty's many times, and will do so again.

Again, welcome, hope the good experiences outweigh the bad.

Back