I'm moving to Australia!!!!! You have to read this:

No but did you watch any of ther other clips? That woman is friggin nuts, about as nuts as any other wack job who thinks they can blow them selves up. Honestly, I agree that people are ****ing idiots. If I read the bible, the quran (or however the **** its spelt), or any other friggin book then ill interpet it my way. Thats how everyone is, but you also got to take in account that most people in the middle east can't read and they don't know any better so they do what their clerics say. Same could be said about Christians and Catholics Many Ages ago. But hey, If youre gonna follow some wack job onto a plane screaming Jihad and not knowing what it means then by all means, just know that i'll be on that place with a nice clicking pen ready to jab it in your eye! Stupid Twats, and stupid goverenment for knowing that this stuff was gonna happen.

I'm crossing off Australia as a place I want to visit, if that is indeed the attitude down there. Holy crap that's scary. Throw in a "Hail Hitler" at the end of that diatribe, and you'd be none the wiser.

And it's not for a lack of political correctness. How's this for political correctness: SCREW YOU AUSSIES! Just sit down there on your glorified island and continue being insignificant. The rest of the world won't miss you.

If I read the bible, the quran (or however the **** its spelt), or any other friggin book then ill interpet it my way. Thats how everyone is, but you also got to take in account that most people in the middle east can't read and they don't know any better so they do what their clerics say.

The problem is, many people who are fundamentalists (Christian or Muslim) don't "interpret" the bible or Quran. For the most part, the rhetoric is taken either literally, or worse, there is a predetermined consensus on interpretation.(not at all determined by an agenda of course...thick sarcasm intended) In other words, they are told how to "Interpret" from a very young age.

Fundys (extremist fundamentalists) whatever their manifestation, are scary...period. It's this thinking, and inherent inability co-exist with others on this planet or in this country, that has us at war today.

Adult Literacy Rate, 1995

Percentage of adults who are literate by country
Bahrain 85
Cyprus 95
Gaza Strip --
Iraq 58
Israel 95
Jordan 86
Kuwait 79
Lebanon 83
Oman 64
Qatar 79
Saudi Arabia 71
Syria 70
Turkey 82
UAE 79
West Bank --
Yemen 40

Last edited:

Thanks for correcting me on that one man. From alot of the Marines I know, when they came back they told me that the ones they ran across were unable to read.

Oh and sorry for being arse tacious guys, im currently working off the effects of 2 doubles in a row so the vodka has kicked in and im all wheeeeee!
Yes I would love to go to Austrailia though due to the great off roading there is in the Westren Part of it.

Thanks for correcting me on that one man. From alot of the Marines I know, when they came back they told me that the ones they ran across were unable to read.

Oh and sorry for being arse tacious guys, im currently working off the effects of 2 doubles in a row so the vodka has kicked in and im all wheeeeee!
Yes I would love to go to Austrailia though due to the great off roading there is in the Westren Part of it.
Well, for the most part, I'm agreeing with you. Both sides in their extremes are scary. I was only correcting you on the literacy thing. But I think your point was pretty valid. Blind faith is a poison.

Yea there are some whack jobs out there that claim to be Christian, I wont argue that. But what you have to realize is that you wont find anything in the Christian Bible that says to kill all non-believers and all that. You can find that in the Quran. So maybe the people that everyone calls Islamic radicals arent that radical after all.

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying that there arent good Muslims out there. Im sure there are a lot of great people that say they're Muslim. But as I posted earlier. Read the Quran. And then just for kicks, read the Bible. I think you'll get my point.
:agree: well said

Ok, I have to say this, Don't just be hating on the Islamic Radicals. If you want to hate on them then you better hate on the Christian Radicals!
That makes no sense whatsoever. If you have something against Christianity then make that issue known, but the idea that there's a greater threat to our society from Christians then from the jihad happy muslims because of some nutjob group then you are just not being reasonable.
kool1-2.jpg

..... But hey, If youre gonna follow some wack job onto a plane screaming Jihad and not knowing what it means then by all means, just know that i'll be on that place with a nice clicking pen ready to jab it in your eye! Stupid Twats, and stupid goverenment for knowing that this stuff was gonna happen.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) Yeah, if they want to die so badly, lets help them out.:purple:

No it makes sense.
I have nothing against christians except for the ones who come knocking at my door at 8 in the morning and it waking me up just to ask me "Do you think your going ot heaven? Have you found jesus?"
I wanna jab those people in the eyes with clicky pens too...
And if you watch one of those video's that nut job of a woman said she wants to see our kids rather dying in the name of Jesus rather then the jihad way. Honestly I say lets not have either die and let kids be kids and feed them ice cream and gummy bears and let them swim in the rivers!
Religion wasn't something I was brought up with, when I asked my mom what we were she stood there for a moment and said "I think were Babtist" and I looked at her and just walked away. I live my days one to the next, I don't rule out any religion.

That makes no sense whatsoever. If you have something against Christianity then make that issue known, but the idea that there's a greater threat to our society from Christians then from the jihad happy muslims because of some nutjob group then you are just not being reasonable.
kool1-2.jpg

Yes, there is a greater threat to our society from EXTREMIST JIHADIST Muslims. It's because I live in a country dominated by those of Judeo Christian beliefs. But if I lived in the Middle East, and I was an Arab who followed Islam, I'd fear the crazy extremist Christians. I might not fear a "Nutjob" with a bomb strapped to his back walking onto a plane, but instead I would fear a nutjob sitting on a boat off shore from my country with a guided missle system enjoying AC whilst pressing the fire button one minute, and wondering what's for dinner the next.

Whether dropping bombs from a plane, or running bombs onto a plane, both are forms of terrorism depending on whether or not you're the one getting blown up. We just like to call the first method "Warfare".

............Whether dropping bombs from a plane, or running bombs onto a plane, both are forms of terrorism depending on whether or not you're the one getting blown up. We just like to call the first method "Warfare".

Well said.................just too much intolerance in the world..........in BOTH hemispheres.

Yes, there is a greater threat to our society from EXTREMIST JIHADIST Muslims. It's because I live in a country dominated by those of Judeo Christian beliefs. But if I lived in the Middle East, and I was an Arab who followed Islam, I'd fear the crazy extremist Christians. I might not fear a "Nutjob" with a bomb strapped to his back walking onto a plane, but instead I would fear a nutjob sitting on a boat off shore from my country with a guided missle system enjoying AC whilst pressing the fire button one minute, and wondering what's for dinner the next.

Whether dropping bombs from a plane, or running bombs onto a plane, both are forms of terrorism depending on whether or not you're the one getting blown up. We just like to call the first method "Warfare".

Yes, but the guy sitting on that button could be a muslim, a jew, a christian, an athiest, a contortionist, or whatever. He is an American and he is not a terrorist. The men and women over there are fighting terrorists. They are fighting to avoid another 9/11 and fighting the Extrmeists that want to kill more of their innocent countrymen and women and children. They are doing it so you can call them terrorists. They are doing it so you won't have to fight them here.

So,

If you were in the middle east and followed Islam in the manner which those that orchestrated the 9/11 attacks or the attack on the US Cole, or the Subway bombings in Europe then yeah you'd have a damn good reason to fear that guy - or gal. If you were a peaceful person who embraced freedom you would not.

Why is there enough religion to incite a war, but not enough to instill tolerance? Thats my question.

I fear the guy sitting on a boat more then the guy running at me with the bomb. Atleast I can look in their eyes and possible take them down with me. If hes miles off shore then you never know who is attacking you. You can't say that what america is doing to another country isn't terrorism just because they do it to keep another possible 9/11 from happening. In all honesty, if we keep attacking the other countries and say we do it to keep peace all we are going to do is drain ourselves and have everyone else want to attack us. America is slowly becoming another British Empire, these days America is the empire that the sun never sets on. And look what happened to them, they had a down fall. A down fall is the fate of all great empires. No more then 10 years is what I give it.

And what about the peaceful people of Iraq (yes, they are there) who embrace freedom, but are having their homes, shops, and families bombed by American missiles? Would we not seem to be the terrorists to them? We stopped trying to stop terrorism over there a long, long time ago. Now we are simply forcing our societal morals and expectations on the people of Iraq. And we are losing far too many young Americans in the process.

How many?

TerrorToll121206-2.jpg

As of 10:00 this morning, 2,933 dead. And I guarantee you that tomorrow's count will be higher yet. Another 9,972 wounded so severely they could not be returned to duty. And I think we all have a pretty good idea of how debilitating a wound has to be to not be returned to duty. A report on CNN a few weeks ago put the number of injured who are returned home in a "vegetative state" at 35-40%!!! The number who have lost limbs and/or the use of their limbs is estimated at 25-30%!!! How many more will we lose before Dubya pulls his head out of his arse and admits we are not winning?

We have been constantly bombarding the Iraqi people since March of 2003 over nothing more than a pack of lies. But, take another stance to say we were there to oust Saddam. Ok, we've accomplished that but the bombs are still falling. So, to the Iraqi people, why is it we aren't supposed to look like radical Christian terrorists?:???:

Why is there enough religion to incite a war, but not enough to instill tolerance? Thats my question.
I have no idea what you mean by that question or who you are referring to.
I fear the guy sitting on a boat more then the guy running at me with the bomb. Atleast I can look in their eyes and possible take them down with me. If hes miles off shore then you never know who is attacking you.
Good thing you don't have to at this point.
You can't say that what america is doing to another country isn't terrorism just because they do it to keep another possible 9/11 from happening.

Sure I can. I just did. I can give you a long list of reasons why what our men and women are doing over there is totally different from the terrorists they fight.

War and terrorism are completely different. Terrorists kill randomly and utilize the venerability of innocent people to kill them. Our soldiers take much heavier casualties because of the methods they use in an attempt to avoid harming innocent people. Terrorists don't liberate countries, help set up democracies, help rebuild what people have lost.

C'mon people... honestly ask yourself if it is truly fair or even appropriate to refer to our soldiers as terrorists.
:roll:

One could debate the hows and whys to our being there, but you cannot deny that the enemies we fight their now are not terror groups. The sucessful outing of Saddam's regime was over a long time ago, and this is an entirely different animal. The enemy has changed and that enemy is the same lot as those that attacked us here.

In all honesty, if we keep attacking the other countries and say we do it to keep peace all we are going to do is drain ourselves and have everyone else want to attack us. America is slowly becoming another British Empire, these days America is the empire that the sun never sets on. And look what happened to them, they had a down fall. A down fall is the fate of all great empires. No more then 10 years is what I give it.
I understand what you are attempting to say here, but what "great" nation ever survived by not responding to attacks and threats?

We are not on a quest to dominate the world like those empires you speak of and I don't forsee invasions of more countries unless something drastic happens. If so, it will have to be condoned by a democratic run house and senate.

I think the word "Terrorist" is overused to a ridiculous degree these days, it's becoming a meaningless bit of politically correct verbal tripe. If your are attacking military targets (including intra-militia conflicts) you are not a terrorist, even if you are using IEDs; to be a terrorist you attack civilians nearly exclusively solely for the purpose of generating fear among the masses.

What kills me,... and what I rejoiced about in those statements was that a political body finally stood up for it's beleifs ideals and rights, despite the potential dimished "world view". You are absolutely right,... Chrisitan radicals are scary,... not two ways about it. HOWEVER, we do not have state organized indoctrination which coaches insecure, poor, under educated people into dying for our cause. Those pulling the strings are nothing more than OPPORTUNISTS. They are not devouted freedom fighters,... they are not martyrs,... they are opportunists in every sense of the word. Talk about Nazi Germany?!?!?! Hitler came to power by inacting three basic phases of the "Final Solution" garner the support of the under educated youth (your labor force i.e. SS), Unite the people under one agenda (blaiming the socio-economic issues plaguing Germany at the time on the Jews), and keep the masses ignorant of the logistics of your solution (keep the good people from seeing the carnage).

Lets see,... how does that compare,... the Radicals prey on the youth of the Middle East, they blame all the injustices and pain in the world on reciprocity from God for the infidel's egregous sins, and they keep the media from broadcasting any information about events, beleifs, or activities, not in line with the mass brain-washing of it's labor base.

Yes, you have radicals in every religeon in the world,... however,... at no time, have any other country, or group of people had to fear unannounced attacks on it's civilians by Christian Americans. They have never had to worry about American Christians unleashing nerve agents or bio-weapons on it's citizens. They've never had to worry about American Christians targeting them BASED ON THEIR FAITH. That is the difference. Agree or not (and 70% of Americans do not at this point) about our presence in Iraq and the middle east, we are AT WAR. They know who the enemy is, we announced our intentions openly, and are targeting those of a specific politcal persuasion. The Muslim world needs not fear a US Sponsored attach on the UAE because there are Muslims there. We are at war with those who have openly announced war on our citizens, not ALL muslims. The Radical Muslims are targeting anyone who professes faith in a Christian God.

I say right on to Australia. They stood for their values, despite the potential ganging up by the Politically Correct masses. What I wouldn't give to hear someone stand up and say, If you don't like our Pledge featuring the line "Under God" then leave, if you don't like that we have scultpures of the Bible on our courthouses, then there's the door,... you have a problem with a CHRISTMAS TREE IN TIMES SQUARE,... then go...

We are a nation founded under very specific principles, if you cannot come here and assimilate into our culture, and tolerate-not participate or embrace- but tolerate without *****ing and whining, our faith and the dogma that is therein associated then get the hell out. We will gladly tolerate you and yours,... we will welcome you, and offer you a better life,... we will not persecute, nor harm you or your opportunities to thrive,... but you must respect that you are not in your country of origin any longer.

I have been all over the world. NO WHERE ELSE do the indigenous people cow-tow and tiptoe around outsiders the way we do. Try to find a English speaking person on the street in Tokyo, or Paris, or Germany, or Russia, or Kuwait,... I beg you,... find somewhere in Saudi Arabia where you can burn a Saudi flag and not be killed, or in the middle of a crowded town square assemble a group of people and begin a Catholic Mass,... or openly comdem Muslims for their faith,... pick any Muslim state and try it. Kiss your family goodbye first though. You talk about Hitler-esque societies... come on.

Monday, December 11, 2006 - 12:00 AM

Airport's trees stoking "war on Christmas"

By Stuart Eskenazi
Seattle Times staff reporter

The departure of Christmas tree displays at main passageways at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport — the Port of Seattle's response to a local rabbi's insistence that an electric menorah also be put up — is accelerating into an international spectacle in the so-called "war on Christmas."

And that is not what Rabbi Elazar Bogomilsky wanted.

"I am devastated, shocked and appalled at the decision that the Port of Seattle came to," he said Sunday. As news coverage about the airport's trees spread from CNN to ABC to the Paris-based International Herald Tribune, Bogomilsky on Sunday began to receive hateful messages from people holding him responsible for the removal of the trees.

Harvey Grad, the rabbi's attorney, said the vitriol against Bogomilsky is misplaced, emphasizing that the rabbi neither objected to the trees nor said he found them offensive.

"The last thing we need is anyone thinking that Jews want to end the celebration of Christmas on public property," Grad said.

Bogomilsky is spending today on the TV talk-show circuit, continuing a media frenzy that began Saturday.

Around 4 a.m. Sunday, Port Commissioner Patricia Davis was on the phone with CNN for a live interview, joined by Bogomilsky, who works at Chabad Lubavitch, an education foundation in the University District.

This morning at 5, Davis was to be interviewed on Fox News. The controversy likely will add fuel to what Fox talk-show host Bill O'Reilly and some Christian groups have deemed a "war on Christmas," — a secularization of the traditions and name of Christmas.

By 9 p.m. Sunday, www.seattletimes.com had received about 800 comments to a story that, in print editions, topped the front page.

The displays were removed from the airport's main arrival hall and various entries overnight Friday.

Port staff members were first contacted in October by Mitchell Stein, a consultant to the Port for the past five years, who wanted to install a menorah this year. Stein is also affiliated with Chabad.

"We thought the Port was going to make the right decision to support diversity and Hanukkah," Stein said. "The lawsuit was only a way to get their attention."

Davis said Port commissioners, however, first heard of the issue on Thursday — a day before Grad's deadline for filing a lawsuit.

Airport spokeswoman Terri-Ann Betancourt said the Port's decision was not as simple as whether to put up a menorah.

"Our thought was if we remove the trees and stave off this decision until after the holidays, which is our busiest season of the year, then we can give more careful thought and discussion to this," she said.

The airport has no policy governing the longtime holiday display because no one has ever challenged it before, Betancourt said.

"What we have are holiday trees," she said. "If we are going to display symbols representing other cultures, we have to think what that means and what's respectful and what would make a good display. Maybe it would be 'Holidays of the World.'

"Or maybe it's snowmen."

Grad was set to file a lawsuit Friday morning on behalf of Bogomilsky if the Port did not agree to let him put up the menorah. Grad said he believes that the law is clear regarding Christmas displays in public places — anyone wanting to put up an alternative display must be accommodated.

"There is no debate on this anymore," Grad said. "The menorah is something the Port is legally obligated to put up. But the Port was either unwilling or incapable to do so and instead folded its tent."

Betancourt said that while Port attorneys believed the rabbi has some sound legal points, Port officials did not believe they had the time or budget to put up a culturally sensitive and inclusive holiday display.

Betancourt said the Port "didn't want to be in litigation with the Jewish community."

Grad said he cautioned officials that they were about to make a mistake by removing the trees.

"I told them that this story would have legs, that it would go national," Grad said. The publicity fallout is regrettable, Davis said.

"I'm sorry this has happened, but I hope people will take time to understand the dilemma we were in," she said. "Unfortunately, I don't think most people understand. That's why I think we're getting such an emotional reaction from across the spectrum."

Bogomilsky said he wants the Port to apologize for statements on Saturday that he says passed blame to him.

"I would hate to think it was just a way for them to cover up their poor call," the rabbi said. "This was totally a Port of Seattle decision. The Port should step up and say that."

Stuart Eskenazi: 206-464-2293 or seskenazi@seattletimes.com

Back