95' YJ Rio Grande, dash speakers...

Sine Deviance

Yeah, the dash speakers. How do I change them and what size are they? Do I have to pull the entire dash? That'd suck :)

Thanks! :D

They are 4x6". They aren't too difficult to remove but takes some disassembly. I took my dash apart to install the speakers the first time around. You can get away with just pulling the dash out as one piece. 4 bolts on each side, next to the speakers. Drop the windshield and then there are some more torx bolts under there, remove those and then the dash should be able to be pulled out enough to get back behind the dash.

They are 4x6". They aren't too difficult to remove but takes some disassembly. I took my dash apart to install the speakers the first time around. You can get away with just pulling the dash out as one piece. 4 bolts on each side, next to the speakers. Drop the windshield and then there are some more torx bolts under there, remove those and then the dash should be able to be pulled out enough to get back behind the dash.

Thanks! Haven't switched them yet, but probably will soon. Any recommendations for good 4x6 speakers?

Back