Throttle Body Replacement

Jeepz4Mee

I have a 2.5L YJ, and I am going to do the 4.0L throttle body and the 19#
fuel injectors modifications. First, I can get a 97 TJ 4.0L throttle body for cheap, so I was wondering will that work with the computer and will it fit on the intake manifold? Second, between which years are the 19# fuel injectors able to fit in my 2.5L yj?

Thanks in advance,

8)

A '91-'04 TB will fit your jeep, the only difference in the '96-'04 TB is an extra vacuum port at the base. Simply cap that port for your application and you will be fine.

Why settle for a 4.0L TB with a 55mm tapered bore when you can order one of my 62mm TB's with a straight bore. Removing the stock taper greatly increases throttle response.

I would take your extra TB toward the purchase if you already have it.

Keep in mind that the intake manifold opening is smaller than the 4.0L TB, so it will need to be enlarged regardless of which TB you go with, otherwise this is your bottleneck and will limit the jeep's ability to breathe.

I have a 62mm TB spacer in there right now. How do i increase the size of the intake manifold? Do I take it somewhere to have them increase the size? Also, how much are you selling your bored out TB?

The intake manifold is aluminum and it's easy to grind it out, just be sure to fill the intake runners with rags to keep the AL shaving out of the engine. I used a shop vac during and after the grinding.

Use the TB gasket as a guide to mark the opening, then grind with a die grinder. A larger drum sanding bit would also work to keep the hole round.

I sell the 62mm performance TB's for $95, then there's a refundable core charge. PM or email me if you're interested. bountyhunter AT sija.org .

Back