68 cj front brake shoes

68cj5

Hi everyone 68cj5 here. First I want to say thanks for the help with the earlier post on the brake adjustment issue. Now here is another one, that I have run into on this jeep. I am in the process of replacing the front hub seals that started leaking, I got new front and rear brake shoes, drums and hardware, the shoes are the same for both axels however instead of being the short - long shoe sets they are both long shoe. Is this going to cause any issues with the way they work, I have checked the Haynes manual that I have but it doesn't give much information. I know that the older ones use the long shoes on the front. Could they have been changed to the short - long style for some reason or do I have the wrong shoes for a 68 cj5. Have changed a lot of brake shoes on other vehicles but have not run into the front axel having both shoes the same on each side. What are your thoughts. Thanks

Never seen any the same size on both sides of the drum, I'd head to the parts store and check some other boxes.

Back