Roll Call

I haven't tried any of the 4 wheel trails around here in many many years.. mostly go out prospecting.. used to go out looking at the old ghost towns and such, but since the late 60's, most have been rummaged and destroyed.. so.. I stick to gold and silver..

would love to hunt down ghost towns as well as mines, just got to find them!

way back when.. you could ride along watching the foothills of the mountains.. when you saw a clump of trees at the base, or way up a ravine, you just scootered or 4 wheeled back in and usually found a really old abandoned place that someone had lived in.. all sorts of really neat items, hand blown glass light bulbs, old wood burning stoves, pot belly stoves, carriages, old cans, you name it, it was there.. but as time went on, lowlifes went in to these places and busted everything they picked up, plates, glassware, you name it, they broke it.. there are people who shouldn't be allowed to be in civilization.. anyway, there were ghost towns everywhere back then.. and I imagine there are still a lot of them, just farther out in the deserts.. but remember, if you go and it starts raining, stay OUT of ravines and low areas.. it takes virtually NO TIME and seems like not a lot of rain to turn what you thought was dry trail into a raging river of mud..

lucky you.. you have all that right in your back yard... I'll give you a holler when I head north..

frhrwa said:
lucky you.. you have all that right in your back yard... I'll give you a holler when I head north..

Hopefully my transmission will be all fixed in the next couple months. Oh and headlights and..... And..... And.....

what's wrong with your transmission? if my YJ sells, I'll have a complete 4.0L, wiring harness, AX15, transfer case, ECU, radiator, shroud, bellhousing, pressure plate, clutch linkage (Hydraulic external), and all the goodies to put in a jeep.. bought it all for this YJ, but just bought a CJ-7 from Tommy over in CA.. so now I can start on it..

frhrwa said:
what's wrong with your transmission? if my YJ sells, I'll have a complete 4.0L, wiring harness, AX15, transfer case, ECU, radiator, shroud, bellhousing, pressure plate, clutch linkage (Hydraulic external), and all the goodies to put in a jeep.. bought it all for this YJ, but just bought a CJ-7 from Tommy over in CA.. so now I can start on it..

Don't exactly know yet couple years ago it took on some water and wasn't flushed out immediately, anyways it has resistance and it grinds in all gears, before it was just a little rough going into 5th, I'm hoping just a master clutch cuz the slave cylinder is internal and I have never dropped a transmission before

do you have the external clutch mechanism, or internal? and do you need the transfer case with it.. I have the complete set up.. or.. $2000 and you can have it all motor, transmission, transfer case, bellhousing, pressure plate, hyd ext. clutch, ECU, wiring harness, and the other goodies.. frhrwa@embarqmail.com wayne

hey jeepers.. are there any of you in the Las Vegas area that have ever worked on the backside of the dash in a CJ-7? I have an '84 that someone trashed the wires.. it runs, most or some stuff works, but everything is hanging down and looks like a huge potential "walk out of the desert" scene.. after it all shorts out.. I managed to get the dash loose, but? do I have to drop, or should I say, how do I drop the steering column far enough to get to the backside and put everything back in its little clips and keepers? and take out the trash that was put in and cut, leaving ends everywhere? HELP? Wayne frhrwa@embarqmail.com or my cell at 509.481.1200 (verizon)

Back