Now Jeepin' it in Idaho !!1!11

angieinchains

I'd been looking for an older jeep under $5,000 for about a year now, I was at work when I saw the ad. It was an '87 AMC Wrangler for only $2,999! I knew right away it was going to have mechanical problems but fortunately, my son is a mechanic. :welder: My boss let me out early so I hauled butt home to grab up my daughter and go look at it. Took me an hour to drive there and when I did get there, I didn't see it.. someone was already out driving it! It did come back though, the guy seemed a little disgusted by what he saw under the hood and tried to barter with the owner who wouldn't budge so the guy left. Yay it's mine now! :bootyshake:

Didn't have to do too much.. replaced the spark plugs, filters, valve cover gasket, and fixed a radiator hose. Runs great! Blue booked it at $6,900 so I think I got a pretty good deal. Most importantly, I have regained my love of driving. I used to groan when my daughter needed a ride somewhere, now I'm making excuses to go and tend to not come back for four hours. :purple:

Sweet deal! I guess that other guy didn't know how to fix an engine! Is that the same Wrangler that is in your picture gallery?

No that is an old trick that most people know. Act like you dont want it then come back and try to get it dirt cheap. Doesnt usually work. Good job on your find.

Back