EBC Yellow Stuff Brake Pads

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
My 2005 Wrangler has never stopped well, and there was no chance of locking up my 33 inch KM2s, so after a few close calls where my brakes couldn't stop the Jeep fast enough, I decided to upgrade.

I opted for a simple brake pad / rotor upgrade, and after much research I settled on the EBC Yellow Stuff brake pads (part number DP41255R). It would appear that EBC's Green Stuff is geared toward trucks, but the Yellow Stuff seems to have more of a following.

The best price I found was on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/EBC-Brakes-DP41255R-Yellowstuff-Street/dp/B001C8WP8Y/

The install was straight forward - like that of any brake pads.

IMG_3900-wrangler-brake-pads.JPG

IMG_3901-wrangler-brake-pads.JPG

IMG_3906-wrangler-brake-pads.JPG

IMG_3907-wrangler-brake-pads.JPG

IMG_3908-wrangler-brake-pads.JPG

I coupled this upgrade with some Centrex Rotors which are said to pair well with the Yellow Stuff pads.

I couldn't be happier with these brake pads. I'm actually able to squeal the front tires when I slam on the brakes. The Jeep now stops 100% better than with my previous Wagner ceramic brake pads. When these wear out I'll be buying more Yellow Stuff pads for my Jeep.

I'm just curious, why did you not go with drilled and slotted rotors? Even as happy as you seem to be, the brakes would have been a little bit better yet.

I don't claim to be an authority on brakes, but from what I've read, drilled rotors are designed to help dissipate heat and gasses faster. This is useful on the track, or when auto-crossing, but when rock crawling more braking surface is desirable.

Again, I don't have any experience with drilled rotors, that was just what I kept hearing while researching them.

I don't claim to be an authority on brakes, but from what I've read, drilled rotors are designed to help dissipate heat and gasses faster. This is useful on the track, or when auto-crossing, but when rock crawling more braking surface is desirable.

Again, I don't have any experience with drilled rotors, that was just what I kept hearing while researching them.

I have drilled mine because in Florida I don't do rock crawling since there aren't much rocks to climb except manmade stuff and I am not too crazy about that. I drilled them rather than slotting them because I did cut slots on my daughter's TJ and wanted to see the actual difference. Mie is a everyday rider and riding on trails in the country, they seem to work very well for me. But that is just my opinion and it is based on how the brakes were working before on mine.

Last edited:
Back