06 tj issue has me boggled

adamlocke

i am having a issue with my 06 tj. turn key vehicle starts gets to temp boggs out. boggs out faster under load with ac on and lights on. when you attempt to restart the starter will not crank until it cools down or if you unplug the harness from the PCM. There are no stored codes in the computer. when its running and being monitered by a snap on modus scan tool all numbers look good and shows no reason for the issue. no misfire no code gets thrown. Even if you give some throttle it still stalls out. ac clutch not frozen alt showing good, cam sensor recently replaced along with crank shaft sensor, plugs done any ideas on what it could be would be helpful

Blocked CAT - temp of the CAT front to back should be lower. Pull a upstream O2 and see if the problem persists.

Bad upstream O2

Vac leak.

Even with a bad cat exhaust gasses will come out. Easiest way to check is unplug both upstream O2 and see if the issue continues

When you state it doesn't start do you mean the starter will not even crank?

Have you heckled battery connections? Battery CCA under load testing? Also how hot is it where you are? There is a temp sensor under the battery that can cause strange issues when it's hot or damaged sensor.

Last edited:
Back