$1400 3" Body Lift

anthonyp

That's not a typo. But you may have guessed...it's the dealer installed price. No, I didn't go asking. We were at the mall last night and the local Jeep dealer had a new 2005 Wrangler on display with some dealer installed extras.

2005 Wrangler SE, Auto, I-6, 3.73 gears at $21,170
PLUS all this....(at a ridiculous price)
--3" Body lift
--Chrome Grill
--Chrome Side tubular step rails
--Chrome Front tubular bumper
--Chrome Rear tubular bumper
--Chrome over the windshield light bar
--6 Fog lights (4 on the light bar, 2 on the bumper)
--15 x 10 Chrome American Racing rims
--33x12.5x15 BFG All Terrains

For those extras....$10,000 total!!! Can you believe it? That Jeep was stickered with all those extras at $32,000!!

The only thing decent were the rims and tires. Heck...it didn't even have tow hooks.

This thing was better suited to sell rock than climb rock. I know we sometimes joke about Mall Crawlers. But I'm going with a another moniker for this one.........the Ghetto Crawler, in my opinion.

RE: Fire up the BBQ grill !!!

$32k for a wrangler...thats just silly. I dont care what you got bolted on it.

RE: Re: RE: Buh Bye for a while!

You know...mine was stickered at $33k, but I wheeled and dealed....well I'm not ashamed to admit my wife did most of the dealing and we only paid $23k. Has most of that but not the lift.

I have to agree with $33k being a rip though. We would have walked out but they made it worth while. Oh did I mention we got a free set of windows too?

RE: want crank when hot

One could buy a new (loaded) Rubicon for that much $$$

Neuwirth Jeep here in Wilmington is doing the same thing. I don't think their pricing is that bad though. Some of the decked out ones they have on the lot look nice, but alot of them look like they rolled through the clearance section of a few too many parts catalogs.

Back