1978 CJ 5 Turn Siganl Failure

Turbogus

Howdy all, well now that 'Black Betty' is running once more I need to address other things. The turn signals recently quit. Both batteries are at 12v +, Headlights, hazard, running and brake lights work, just not the turn signals. Before this issue I added LED indicator lights that worked fine for a couple of months before this failure.
I recall it was something simple the last time this happened, but with all of the Head work and Carb work I've had to contend with I've forgotten.
By the TSM for this '78 apart from loose connections and burned out bulbs is an incorrect flasher, I've verified the connections and grounds and according to the TSM following this "If is no signal at any front, rear or indicator lamp, check the fuse". The flasher has not been disturbed.
My question, where IS the fuse on this '78? The wiring diagram makes no clear reference to it.

Thanks and a lift of the lynch lid for your responses.
Gus

If I remember right(and that is never a sure thing) there is a fuse marked turn signal in the fuse block on the drivers side firewall.

By the TSM this photo represents what my fuse panel looks like (note the labels)
78FuseBoxInstFeed.jpg

Howdy all, well now that 'Black Betty' is running once more I need to address other things. The turn signals recently quit. Both batteries are at 12v +, Headlights, hazard, running and brake lights work, just not the turn signals. Before this issue I added LED indicator lights that worked fine for a couple of months before this failure.
I recall it was something simple the last time this happened, but with all of the Head work and Carb work I've had to contend with I've forgotten.
By the TSM for this '78 apart from loose connections and burned out bulbs is an incorrect flasher, I've verified the connections and grounds and according to the TSM following this "If is no signal at any front, rear or indicator lamp, check the fuse". The flasher has not been disturbed.
My question, where IS the fuse on this '78? The wiring diagram makes no clear reference to it.

Thanks and a lift of the lynch lid for your responses.
Gus

I got the turn signal return springs from an auto parts house. thou mine is a94 yj - it it GM SEARING COLUM. $6 erlier jeeps might have a FORD COLUM . hope this helps. vinn

This one has a stubby GM tilt column that I've yet to go through. The LED indicator bulbs are in the Speedometer shell, the lights themselves are incandescent. It turned out despite functioning for a couple of months the standard relay failed, so got an EL-12 HD relay and they started working again. Now it's on to the port side rocker bridges.

Yeah, I've already done the port side when I was having the head work done, and I don't mean a lobotomy.

Back