1985 CJ7 Automatic 6 cy for $1,500

outerbeachyj

My buddy on Cape Cod is selling his 1985 CJ7. It is a great beach rig, but could be built up for other types of wheeling. It only has 80,000 or so original miles on it! 6cy Engine runs great and 4 wheel drive is fine. It IS AN AUTOMATIC which is rare to find but good for wheeling! It has a Krylon Black spray paint job and the usual areas of rust, but not too bad! We welded in new floor boards and rock rails on the sides. It runs fine and has a brand new radiator and a CD player, new speakers. He has a hard top and bikini top for it and I think he has soft full doors, but he only driven it the way you see in the photos, topless and doorless. (thus the name of this Jeep is "FrostBite" because thats what we used to get driving this rig on early morning fishing trips!) It has (5) 31" tires with very little tread left. Seats are good with "lovely floral" covers and rear seat is there too. For the past 3 years it has been only used in the summer and stored in a garage during winters (8 months per year). Let me know if anyone here is interested, I will give you his contact info. The rig is in his garage in Chatham on the Cape. He has it registered in Maine so it has not needed a MA inspection for the past few years. Not sure if it would pass or not. First $1,500 drives it home!
I have personally driven this rig many times on the beach and it is cool. Not sparkly and new, but cool with attitude! It also runs fine on the highway but has not crossed the bridge to leave the Cape in a few years! I found a few pics here from last summer, but will get better pics if Cliff (owner) sends me some.
Forgot to add, the reason he is selling it, He just bought a 1999 TJ, guess he wanted that coil spring ride! :)
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Back