33" tires?

88wrangler

my friends and i are having an argument, please help us solve it. I want to put 33" tires on my 88 wrangler with a 4 inch suspension lift and a 2" shackle lift. Will this rub? I tell them no not at all but they all say it will. any help is greatly appreciated. Tim[addsig]

it won't rub that is what I have it works fine...
There is no rub!!!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

dont listen to ur friends they are only jelious because that want 33's on there jeep.....never such a thing at too big of tires besides when u have a stupid friend like i did and put 32" on stock with no lift at all, on camping trip he bogged in it and tore his fender flairs all up and ended up having to spend $100 on new ones and almost $100 on a 2" shackle lift[addsig]

32s w/o a lift!! :roll: i knew a guy that put 31s on w/o a lift and he rub on the street[addsig]

are you talking about shackles that are 2" longer.. or do you mean a 2" lift via shackles... I would not suggest lifting 2" by shackles... not very safe, and it alters too much, but you can lift 1" by extending the shackles 2"... but if you go with the 4", you will be fine... plus, if you want more space, you can always trim your flares at the line... I did that and it helped a lot with rub... I had 31" on my stock YJ for a while, cut the flares, BIG difference.. then I lifted it 2" and was very pleased. Again... you should be fine with the 4".... but first.... make a bet about it, make some money with it[addsig]

I had Daystars 1.25 (actual lift) shackles with 31's with no rub. The tires did rub the frame then I turned sharp to the right since I didn't have the right backspacing with my stock Gambler rims, but out on the road my YJ handled better after I installed the new shackles.

M_J[addsig]

thank you all very much, and i will make a bet snitty. When i get home from my overseas tour in korea ( south korea of course) i will have to link up with some of my fellow jeepers from nj. Thanks again Tim[addsig]

Well this is a 4.5 ex duty lift from rubcion express with there 5" shackles. With 33 12.50 BFG on a 15x8. Both my fenders got bet up this trip.
image-missing.png

Just a little.[addsig]

Back