4.0L engine replacement

TWDJ

I'm in the process of getting my YJ smogged and it appears that it may be difficult. According to the technician, in whom I have high confidence, the engine is burning oil and is negatively impacting the catalytic converter. In my experience, oil burners never get better so a replacement engine is either an immediate or imminent (2 years from now) issue. I want to keep the Jeep as much of the suspension and other wearable parts have been replaced/upgraded. So here's the question ...

What's the best way to go about engine/AT replacement on this model? Are there engine/AT upgrades to be made as long as things are being rebuilt anyway? I'll probably take the opportunity to overhaul the Xfer case while all is out.

I am having my 4.0L 91 rebuilt right now into a stroker. A good artical on this is found at: BC4x4.com I am also upgrading motor mounts, which is weak spot with the factory mounts. You may know all of this but . . . Good luck, Spiritree

Thanks, 4.7 will be the end results. Don't want thin walls in the crawler's motor. A little worried about the extra heat it will make but it has always been a cooler running motor. Spiritree

Back