4 inch lift kit opinions wanted

signgrafix

I am going to purchase a 4 inch lift kit for my 78 CJ5. What kit do you have? like it? don't like it? Which would you buy?

If it were me, I would put 4" BDS YJ springs with the full military wrap in there. it will lengthen your wheel base just a hair, plenty of room for 33's, up to 36's with some trimming, springs are very durable, decent ride quality.

edit.. you will have to change the front end from a 2" spring to a 2.5" spring, not really al that hard, some conversion shackles and just cut and weld a new rear perch on.

Thanks for the input. I am down to the frame now. I cut the rusty body off and threw it away. It is going to be a ground up restoration. Pulled the 232 off the frame yesterday. It will be a built 258 with 4.0 heads when it goes back in.

If it were me, I would put 4" BDS YJ springs with the full military wrap in there. it will lengthen your wheel base just a hair, plenty of room for 33's, up to 36's with some trimming, springs are very durable, decent ride quality.

edit.. you will have to change the front end from a 2" spring to a 2.5" spring, not really al that hard, some conversion shackles and just cut and weld a new rear perch on.

Just courious, when you say YJ springs, are you saying install a fit not actually (designed) for the CJ5? As far as it lengthening the wheelbase, what does it do put the front wheels out further?

Back