4" lift, would like to get another 2 inches

you can throw on a 2 inch body lift no problem. the kit comes with everything you need to do it, including radiator remounting bolts, steering column mount, 4wd linkage bracket, and new gas lines.

I have a two inch BL on stock suspension with 33's. It looks absolutely horrible. The only reason i did it was to fit the 33's cheaply until i can afford a real lift. So now i am counting the days till i can get a suspension lift in and the BL off.

Cons to the body lift include a really crappy 4wd linkage bracket. Your 4wd shifter will never be the same. also, since the transmission remains in place as the body is lifted up, your stick will be slightly lower. mine just barely shifts into 2nd and 4th now. the directions even said it may require heating and bending the stick. PLus it looks bad. it looks like the ass-end is sagging, and you can see the whole frame under the body.

Go for it if you want. But I will never again....

I dont recommend more than 1" of body lift: it puts too much stress on the mounting bolts, and the tub could come loose in case of an accident. That's a con you need to consider...

I think you can get away with an inch of body lift... any more looks terrible unless you do alot of cosmetic work

Back