6" lift

wranglersport01

does anyone know if this kit is a good buy? its a 6" suspension lift from black diamond for about $1350 and it looks like it comes with everything except a slip yoke eliminator. is the slip yoke eliminator really needed? im looking to put 35x13.50x15 toyo open country mt tires on my wrangler with AR Mojave teflon wheels. i work for town fair tire so i get a decent discount on the wheels and tires but im just not sure about the lift. thank you.

Way too much lift for a 35" tire. 4-4.5" lift with long arms is ideal for a 35" tall tire. 6" of lift in a TJ is what you need for a 37-38" tall tire, and your axles will explode at the thought of running tires that size.

Actually 6 inch lift is good for 35 inch tires johnny, a 4 inch long arm lift will bury the tire into the tire wells at full compression, unless you put on extremely long bump stops that will bend hitting them like that.

I'd run the 35" on a 4" kit on a TJ, and extend the bumpstops to limit compression. Your springs will last longer and the lower center of gravity will be worth it. Low and wide is good.

a few people around here told me that 4 inches wouldnt be enough to clear 35" tires without rubbing. if 4" is good enough id probably go with the 4" cage lift. thanks for the help. would it be better to do 4' suspension with 2"body if i were going for a total of 6"?

If you're worried about tire clearance, you can always add a 1" BL after the 4" suspension lift. Those that told you to worry about tire rubbage were probably not running the proper bumpstops. TJ owners get all woozy over mass amounts of flex but in reality they are over-compressing their springs and greatly shortening spring lift. Limit the uptravel to a modest amount and you will stay out of your fenders and your springs will last longer.

Bump stops are your friends... You might have to mix and match parts or fab up something, But like Bounty mentioned, lower center of gravity, more stability, especially on a side slope situation.

thanks for all the info guys. do most kits come with bump stops or is that something i need to get separetly?

Most come with them but they're often not long enough. I always add a hockey puck or two to the lower spring perch to help prevent over compression. Drill and tap the lower spring perch, then countersink a bolt into the hockey pucks. Works great, many companies sell aluminum versions but why spend the money.

thanks you guys know your stuff haha. ive got to say though having a jeep is wicked fun. all my vehicles that ive owned have been performance cars or muscle cars and this is my first jeep and id have to say im having more fun with the jeep

Back