89 Yj wierd smell

dracowing14

ok i finally got my yj the other day and what can i say its a wreck alot worse of then i originally thought but hey its mine and its a fixer upper, my first main concern is a burning smell when the vehicle is running it has anew exhaust system on it but it smells like its burning oil any ideas anyone o and if anyone has this model or something similar to it could i get a picture of your e-brake release handle, mine is missing and i'd like to know what i need to get.

I had a whole new exhaust system with twin chamber flowmaster's put on my 78 silverado. For a few days, the exhaust smelled like a burning smell. I'm guessing it was just the oils inside the piping burning out. just a thought.

Photo is from a 1993 YJ parking brake pedal/release. The same pedal/release should be found on all YJ production years (someone correct me if needed). What year is your YJ? Post a few photos of your project if you have them and are able to do so.

Attachments

• Pbrake1.jpg
    Pbrake1.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 126

Oh Boy...

That little light bulbs with orange black wires looks like the one that iluminates the Guages.

Black plug looks like the one for the HVAC controls, the red one might go to the blower box.. Honestly not too sure on the two plugs

Back